Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Random Heya

Yeah, people are just being born, left and right! Sort of. But anyway:

Matt S: Hi! How's life? Sure took your time returning to the blog, but you're here now. Speaking of which, where's Nestor? And what about Sophie?

Bern: Aawwwwwww. Your band does not seem fun. In the least. That director sounds like he needs some major sense thumped into him. It would be awesome if you threatened to quit and he was left foundering, but I don't know the situation, so don't listen to my blabbering. Hope everything works out alright!

Sam: Wonder where you are at the moment. Anyway, when your college visiting extravaganza is over, I want to see those photos on the Photobucket. And hear all about the TASPers you met. A little info on the colleges you visited wouldn't hurt either.

This whole nominations thing... so... you actually get nominated for it? And who votes? The whole student body? You all have to tell me whether (and what) you win. Over here, the Senior Superlatives only go into the yearbook, and are made up by the team. So basically a small group has absolute power over the whole awards thing. But we're still having problems with categories (mostly because the ones we come up with are far too derogatory or plain mean). But I definitely like Charles' suggestion of "Most likely to use genetic engineering to create a centaur".

We've started Romantic poetry in English class. So far, only a few Wordsworth poems have been thrown at me, so I really shouldn't judge, but... urgh. I think it's what Sophie would call the epitome of poshlust. I mean, the sentiments he expresses are sweet... and it's great that he's one with nature and all that, but it's too sweet, too artificial, for my liking. And I keep wondering whether he'd so effusively praise Mother Nature if he'd grown up in the Sahara or somewhere similarly bleak. Gah, we'll see how it goes.

OK, top five songs of the moment:

1. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - U2 - I'm slooowly emerging from a U2 phase.

2. Don't Lie - The Blackeyed Peas - Hooked on the refrain.

3. The Plagues - Amick Byram and Ralph Fiennes - From the Prince of Egypt Soundtrack. Not really sure why I find the chanting of "Let my people go!" so compelling, but that's the way it is. And it's a much more exciting duet than the far better known diva screamfest between Mariah and Whitney that's on the same album.

4. Let Go - Frou Frou - Simply beautiful.

5. Symphony No. 9 in E-Minor: From the New World - II (Largo) - Antonin Dvorak, no idea who the performers are - So, I know next to nothing about orchestral music in general, but I do know that the English horn bit in this piece is wonderful. Incidentally, Matt, which was the recording that you presented in TASP? The slightly quicker one that took oh-so-long to find.

Till later,

Jason

1 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

have i told you guys that we're playing new world symphony in youth symphony this year? Concert's next sunday, I'm excited (and not ready)!

1:14 PM, October 23, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home