Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Experiments in data visualization

Hey pals!

I made two word clouds of our blog using Wordle for fun when I should have been working on my GIS lab today. The first is from September 2005, soon after we all parted our merry little teenager ways, and the second is from all the posts currently displayed on the blog home page. I probably could have altered them a bit to make them more accurate--and of course the data isn't adjusted for total number of words in each cloud. Man, I didn't do this very well. Anyhow, it's kind of a fun reflection on how our vocabulary and post content has changed over the years. Actually, I'd say our vocab has changed surprisingly little, other than that "married" didn't show up in our first few years of blogging.

Enjoy!

Wordle: TASP1

Wordle: TASPII

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home