Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Spaghetti Monster

Most callipygian TASPers:

I didn't think anyone had posted this before, so I thought I'd post it. It's a satire poking fun at the decision to teach intelligent design in some schools. It has been around for a while, so I imagine people have seen it, but if not, check it out. It's pretty much amazing:

The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Also, I was blog surfing and I discovered that we, the UMich blog, had drawn the attention of a random woman who was, like me, blogsurfing. We have been officially identified by an outside party as a "subculture." Exciting, no?

Dylan and I had a TASP reunion a week and a half ago, which was terribly exciting. The T, being terribly confusing, ended up getting us lost, and we took it the wrong way. No, seriously, I've seen riots that are better organized than the T. But anyway, we found Chinatown and stumbled into this amazing restaurant. I couldn't stop raving about it for days. Also, a man (promoting a children's circus) in North Station taught me how to juggle while I was waiting for my train back to NH. So, after half an hour of public lesson time, I am a juggler. It took a creepy turn, however, when a man appeared with a ballon-blower duct-taped to his shirt, and he made me a balloon hat. I'm serious. It was all excellent fun, if a bit dodgy.

13 Comments:

Blogger Dylan said...

We have been officially identified by an outside party as a "subculture."

The profs will be happy! Oh, and here's the link:
http://elaine5.blogspot.com/2005/12/subcultures.html

12:34 PM, February 01, 2006

 
Blogger Charles Wu said...

check the photobucket... too bad I ran out of spaghetti...

6:52 PM, February 01, 2006

 
Blogger slaytonm said...

That was awesome!

I've never heard of the flying spaghetti monster, but I think this an ideology I can really embrace.

8:16 PM, February 01, 2006

 
Blogger Emma said...

I checked out elaine's profile to see if she could properly appreciate our TASPly frabjousness, and it appears she might. She's an accomplished musicker and fellow lover of Motown, and she likes The Phantom Tollbooth, Hitchcock films, and Willie Wonka. I dare say she'd fit right in with our crowd. Plus, one of her interests is the US supreme court...alright, that one might be a bit poshlust, but I think I can accept being labelled a subculture by this woman. I bet she'd run a sweet thalassocracy.

9:14 PM, February 01, 2006

 
Blogger Dylan said...

Okay, I'm definitely sending her the link to my site!

9:58 PM, February 01, 2006

 
Blogger Meredith said...

Of COURSE you have a t-shirt, Charles. That's pretty much amazing.

10:19 PM, February 01, 2006

 
Blogger Jason Chua said...

I'm jealous; half an hour and you learned to juggle? I remember a friend trying to teach me for an hour (and me failing miserably).

Dylan, what site?

TASP is rather cultist, isn't it?

4:07 PM, February 02, 2006

 
Blogger Jason Chua said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:35 PM, February 02, 2006

 
Blogger Jason Chua said...

According to that site, the FSM was on CNN and all. Really? Because I imagine that it would have elicited a rather bitter reaction... was this indeed the case?

The FSM painting of The Last Supper is awesome.

By the way, this is being typed as I sit in a breathtakingly posh home in London... my math competition host's. I talked to Sam a few hours ago! Shall meet up tomorrow. Photos will follow. Excited!

5:38 PM, February 02, 2006

 
Blogger Dylan said...

My TASP project (Mowtown) site, of course.

6:20 PM, February 02, 2006

 
Blogger Sam said...

Mowtown? :)

I see the point of FSM as an argument against teaching intelligent design in Kansas schools, but it seems to have expanded beyond that into a general mockery of religion/Christianity - I can see it being incredibly offensive to some people.

12:45 PM, February 03, 2006

 
Blogger Emma said...

I'm with Sam on that. But the pirates/global warming graph was really convincing...

4:57 PM, February 03, 2006

 
Blogger Meredith said...

I want to believe.

1:37 PM, February 08, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home