Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Monday, October 17, 2005

Ah, the memories...

So I was driving home from the gym the other night and heard a song on the radio that had me cracking up for miles. Not only was I shocked that the song had slipped underneath Tipper Gore's Parental Advisory radar to make it onto the radio, but I was amazed at how closely it matched the philosophy of our good friend John Sinclair. In "We Be Burnin' ", Sean Paul sings, in his best imitation of a Jamaican accent,

"Everyday, we be burnin not concernin what nobody wanna say
We be earnin dollars turning cau we mind deh pon we pay
Some got gold and oil and diamonds all we got is Mary J
Legalize it, time you recognize it."

While I have not a clue what "cau we mind deh pon we pay" means, I most definitely know what Mary J is and that he's burnin' it. I'm sure Sinclair would approve.

It's 1:45 in the afternoon in 'Bama, and I'm home sick from school. Don't pity me though, it's nice to finally get a break. I added a few boring pics to the third photobucket just for you, Em-Dash, so PLEASE no more plant pictures! :)

Is it just me or are you guys completely annoyed by the college application process? In actuality, it's not the essay-writing or even the standardardized testing that's frustrating me. It's the annoying moms & dads & family friends and their need to always ask, "Where are you going to college next year?"
I DON'T KNOW!
I have no idea where I'll be next fall, and that question is a constant reminder that my vision of the future is completely hazy.
*Sigh*
I wish you all good luck during the application process (not that any of you need it!).

I really need to shower.

Love you guys!
Emily

12 Comments:

Blogger Jason Chua said...

Which song(s) were you performing?

May the upcoming Christmas season bring you some modicum of (actually, a freakin' great big deal of) certainty regarding your college choices.

:D

4:26 PM, October 17, 2005

 
Blogger Emma said...

walking on the canabilistic side there, Rid!

10:26 PM, October 17, 2005

 
Blogger Sanjukta said...

who the hell's mary j?

9:13 PM, October 18, 2005

 
Blogger Sanjukta said...

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh..

9:13 PM, October 18, 2005

 
Blogger Sanjukta said...

guess who's a nominee for "clueless" this year?

9:13 PM, October 18, 2005

 
Blogger Sanjukta said...

no im serious. i might actually win this thing.

9:13 PM, October 18, 2005

 
Blogger Henrik Herb said...

I'm a nominee for most involved. Woah, either that or most musical. I was expecting goofiest kid on the planet, or something.

Emily! How are you? We need to catch up, it's been so long. Have fun. Don't smoke too much weed now you big ol' pothead.

1:14 AM, October 19, 2005

 
Blogger Jason Chua said...

Hey, which unusual/funny/cool categories do your schools have? We're trying to come up with new ones for the yearbook.

7:17 AM, October 19, 2005

 
Blogger Charles Wu said...

I like the one "Most likely to use genetic engineering to create a centaur" I hope I win that one this year :-D

4:53 PM, October 19, 2005

 
Blogger Emma said...

Ours are incredibly trite. Top (bottom) three:
3. most likely to get married
2. most likely to meet their [sic]spouse at Calvin College (about 35% of each graduating class goes there. It's literally 2 miles from the front door of my school.)
1. most likely to teach here in ten years.

This is called a frighteningly stable community, and I'm sure Vienna is much less so. Good luck! I love yours, Charles!

7:02 PM, October 19, 2005

 
Blogger Unknown said...

EMILY!! I miiiiss youuu...you're never onliiine...*cry*

I heard I was nominated for "best hair"...but I really hate our categories and stuff. None of the people that win actually deserve it...ehh, oh well.

Love!

2:44 AM, October 20, 2005

 
Blogger EJ said...

Aww Henny, Lisa I miss you both too! I agree Rid we definitely need to take advantage of the relatively short distance b/w us. What's this I hear about a X-mas reunion? Keep me updated! And on the topic of yearbook categories, I can't say that I have any witty, interesting titles to contribute. We have the typical Best Looking, Most Athletic, blah blah blah(I got Best All Around Leader, which I'm still shocked about). I always wanted "Most Likely To Get Carded at an R-rated Movie." haha I don't know why I find that so funny. Peace!

4:52 PM, October 20, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home