Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Not so cool now that Charles did it

Hey all, I found out Thursday morning (as I typed my MUN papers the day I was leaving-yeah, I skipped school for MUN) I got into Duke.
Not only that, but the Angier B. Duke Scholars Program, which is potentially full tuition, a summer to study at Oxford, and other "nice things."

Charles, is this the thing you got? If so, cool, I get to see Charles in April, but crap, now there's major competition, lol. (They select 40 and take 15.)

You can't apply for this, but you can for the Robertson Scholars thing, so if nothing else, there's still that.



wow... I could be going to college with Charles. That would be totally kick-ass.

-Matt (S)

12 Comments:

Blogger Sanjukta said...

u amaze me. rock on.

9:10 PM, March 05, 2006

 
Blogger Charles Wu said...

ooo, sweet! You don't have to worry about competition: I haven't received any scholarship information yet, just acceptance. Or does it come later?
/shrugs

In any case good luck with the selection process, and mucho congrats!

9:17 PM, March 05, 2006

 
Blogger Dylan said...

Conmattulations!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

9:29 PM, March 05, 2006

 
Blogger Meredith said...

Woooooo! Congrats, Matt.

7:31 AM, March 06, 2006

 
Blogger Meredith said...

Oh, and I'd like to revoke Dylan's punning rights.

8:19 AM, March 06, 2006

 
Blogger Sam said...

Wooooooooo Matt!

You said you can apply for Robertson Scholars? How? I'm very interested in these big Duke scholarships myself . . .

And I second Meredith's motion vis-a-vis Dylan's highly-uncalled-for comment.

11:15 AM, March 06, 2006

 
Blogger Emma said...

Can we take a straw poll on that? I think Isaac would agree that that's just bad form!

Congratulations Matt!

3:40 PM, March 06, 2006

 
Blogger Jason Chua said...

Whoopdedoooooo... congratulations!

From what I can find on the internet, that scholarship thing sounds amazing.

4:36 PM, March 06, 2006

 
Blogger slaytonm said...

Yeah, it's pretty crazy. You had to send in an app for Robertson scholars in Decemeber, but if all goes well I shouldn't need that.

By the way, what do you guys think of a "Ha!" letter to Yale? If it's done tastefully of course.

5:17 PM, March 06, 2006

 
Blogger slaytonm said...

This is of course not saying anything about the Yale people, you guys are great, but I think it'd be fun to write, even if I don't send it. (Duke and Brown were always higher on my list than Yale was anyway, but Duke and Brown were both Early Decision, and my parents wouldn't let me apply and be bound.)

5:20 PM, March 06, 2006

 
Blogger Meredith said...

I'm all for writing/sending one of the "In your face!" letters. Go and be free, Matt.

7:29 PM, March 06, 2006

 
Blogger Emma said...

You might wait until you're super famous to make it even more poignant. ^__^

3:14 PM, March 07, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home