Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Friday, April 14, 2006

My last day of school...

... was yesterday.

No interesting senior pranks this year. The administration decided to crack down on all the water fights, flour bombs, and general destructive mayhem, so all we had was a small farewell concert, and lots of running around school throwing hard candy at the kids and wrapping up certain teachers in toilet paper and bodily ferrying them to different parts of the school, amidst lots of cheering and noise-making.

5 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

Wait, wait, wait. Excuse me? Done with school? Why do you all even bother to go to school, if you only go for like seven months? How long are vacations.

I'm filled with righteous indignation.

7:12 PM, April 14, 2006

 
Blogger Jason Chua said...

I don't know how it is with schools that do the AP, but at most IB schools, the senior class gets to have study leave several weeks before the exams in May. Sam can probably confirm this.

That's why I don't have anymore school. However, the lower grades do, so it's not like we always have seven months of school per year.

The causing mayhem bit is tradition for the seniors' last day. I thought the same thing happened in other schools?

By the way, I just noticed some new photos in the third photobucket.

10:00 AM, April 15, 2006

 
Blogger Sam said...

Yeah, my last day of school was Thursday, and it was indeed consecrated for wild and crazy senior hijinks. We call it Stunt Day. Unfortunately, I was too sick to go to school, so I missed the excitement, which I hear involved water fights, large insects, and angry disputes between the administration and the senior class.

And Jason, I don't think the two-weeks-off-for-studying is an IB thing - I think it's just European. Europeans are especially antsy about exams. I guess since the GPA is pretty much non-existent over here, exams are the be-all and end-all of your school career, and if you mess them up, you are sunk.

5:52 PM, April 15, 2006

 
Blogger Emma said...

i'm absolutely speechless.

7:47 PM, April 15, 2006

 
Blogger IsaacNoah said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Any photos of the mayhem? Sounds superb.

1:15 PM, April 16, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home