Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

this title feature bugs me out

Hey there,

I am having identity fears. I have such a recognizable name on the internet, and honestly if you blog-search me, or simply type my full name in Google, I'm basically the only hit that you'll get. Aaaaaah!! Therefore, I have changed to Sanjukta (which is also a real name, by the way) and I would ask you all to not refer to me by my full name as well. I do realize that the Web has saved files under the cached name of Samyukta, and I can't help that now, but still.

Anyhoos: congratulations to everyone who's heard felicitous news from colleges, Matt, Yousef, and Isaac. =]
I've heard from alot of places too, and though I've gotten into most of my colleges, I haven't received scholarships or honor program placements in all, so that narrows down my list considerably. (I really don't think that Brown is that much better than say, NYU; after all, this is just undergrad) My top three choices are Amherst, NYU, and Emory.
Amherst is offering me $30000 for the first two years (guaranteed scholarship or something), NYU is offering me around $20000 per year with an acceptance to its presidential honors program, and Emory has laid down $15000 per year with no honors program. I think it'll end up being NYU, but I'm not sure yet. I'm visiting Amherst on the 23rd and 24th, and perhaps Emory the same week.
Life is going well.
Or at least, it'll be fine for the next two weeks - then the dreaded AP's! oof.
But starting from May 15th, I'll be starting an internship with this realtor agency for a month, and obtaining an actual realtor's license in that time! I can't wait, I'm so excited! And this internship means that I don't have to go to school anymore, my credits are done with.
And then, of course, the prom, which is another story in itself.

I think that's all for now.

See you,
Sanjukta

5 Comments:

Blogger slaytonm said...

those are awesome scholarships! what are you talking about?

Congrats on all of those, but I certainly don't envy your impending decision.

9:37 PM, April 16, 2006

 
Blogger IsaacNoah said...

Sanjukta!!!!! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations!

I better see you during Brave New Voices. I will accept no excuses on this one. I am not visiting New York City without seeing you two times in row. That is simply not acceptable.

Good luck with the APs, Prom, and the realtor agency internship.

Best,
Isaac

2:57 AM, April 17, 2006

 
Blogger Jason Chua said...

Hey Samj00, congratulations!

Those are some sweet offers... don't forget to tell us your final decision.

Woohoo for Clippers Flippers...

7:13 AM, April 17, 2006

 
Blogger Sam said...

Those are pretty sweet scholarships. Congratulations! And what does a realtor's license allow you to do?

3:22 PM, April 17, 2006

 
Blogger Jason Chua said...

Wait, Amherst is offering 30k for the first two years... and then what? Are they not willing to commit for four years or something?

If you did indeed end up at NYU, would you stay in universtiy owned housing or not? Because couldn't that end up being pretty costly?

5:23 PM, April 17, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home