Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

whoa.

France is in the final!

Now. I thought I had accepted the fact that, you know, TASP is over for us. But. I'm facebook friends with a couple of UMich '06 Taspers, and it's really difficult to see the sacred rooms of our Alpha Gamma Delta in new configurations and haunted by new faces. Case in point: the cult room is now known as "the basement hangout room." Dear me. See for yourself.


Is this the same room in which we discovered "stressy" and "flashy" and Chris's music? Surely not.

Yes, that is a board game on the table. I'm not sure if I should be disgusted or proud that the next generation managed to overcome our superstitious fears.

And what's this? Painting the rock in broad day light?! The audacity! And is it just me, or do they look short?

Well, on this disturbingly unfamiliar note, I'm off to carry on our tradition of making a fool of myself by dancing in public, musicking at Blues on the Mall, a Grand Rapids version of Top of the Park. See you!

12 Comments:

Blogger Jason Chua said...

I need to start stalking people on facebook.

8:37 PM, July 05, 2006

 
Blogger Sanjukta said...

I remember the time when, either Bern, Henrik or Dylan, spooked Lisa and me when we were playing hide and seek SOOO badly, that for a week, I trembled whenever I passed through the laundry room

10:43 PM, July 05, 2006

 
Blogger Sanjukta said...

This may disturb some of you, but when do these soccer games actually air?

8:23 PM, July 06, 2006

 
Blogger Sanjukta said...

And when is the final? date and time?

8:24 PM, July 06, 2006

 
Blogger Charles Wu said...

Final: France v. Italy
Sunday, July 9 @ 12:55 EST

Consolation (3rd place game): Germany v Portugal
Saturday, July 8 @ 12:55 EST

Look on either ESPN or ABC, or for maximum entertainment, Univision

8:52 PM, July 06, 2006

 
Blogger Emma said...

Um, the ESPN Soccernet website says that the game times are

Final: 2 PM EST on ABC

3rd Place: 3 PM EST on ESPN.

Hopefully our time zone differences haven't completely confused us all. Why oh why don't we all live in the same timezone? Speaking of which, did you know that the '06 TASPers can watch the world cup on the giant screen tv in the couch room?! *being covetous*

8:48 AM, July 07, 2006

 
Blogger Charles Wu said...

crap, yea, emma is right; I'm converting the wrong way. Sorry!

12:25 PM, July 07, 2006

 
Blogger Sanjukta said...

Thanks - I watched the third place final today and it was great!

6:03 PM, July 08, 2006

 
Blogger Sam said...

I get to watch it at 10 PM on a big projection screen in an open field with a large crowd of locals. And yeah, the third place game WAS great.

8:08 AM, July 09, 2006

 
Blogger Jason Chua said...

Indeed. Schweinsteiger is everyone's new hero on German tv.

5:11 PM, July 09, 2006

 
Blogger Meredith said...

BASEMENT HANGOUT ROOM? But it's so cold and linoleum. My favorite memory of that room is definitely when we were playing hide and go seek and Bern WEDGED himself up above the cabinets and couldn't figure out how to get down.

11:45 PM, July 09, 2006

 
Blogger Emma said...

Who was it who went into the out-of-bounds closet in there and ran into Adam? Was that you, Jason? Didn't you like, feel his FACE before you figured out it was a person?! Good times.

9:56 PM, July 10, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home