Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Idyllwild

So I'm finally a Post-Graduate here, out on this wonderful mountain which west coasters call a "hill" full of sky blue-tailed lizards and grey squirrels and mountain climbers. Plus, many celebrities. Cheech Marin's daughter is one of the students here, I saw him walking around in our cafeteria. Based on what I know about the rules here, Cheech Marin would be expelled as soon as they caught on to his marijuana habits. Apparently, about 50 students got expelled last year for drug/alcohol use, which is about 1/4 the student body. I guess the student population and the year have a more drastic inverse relationship than most high schools.

But don't get me wrong, the school is not all about beer and blunts. There are some amazingly talented kids here. Last night they had this opening performance where returning students of each major gave us all an idea of what Idyllwild is all about (the majority of the students are first years). I saw some other wordly tap dancing reminiscent of Bamboozled, a violinist from Bulgaria who dropped my nerves off in my spine, and many other performers of advanced caliber (all younger than me by the way, it's quite humbling to be a post-grad).

But anyway, classes haven't started yet. But it looks like I'll be taking Kung Fu, Music Theory, Yoga, Hiking, Aesthetics, Creative Writing, Citical Thought, Jazz Improvisation, Spanish 4, Enviromental Science, Poetry, Mythology, and a History class that intermingles (or interdisciplinarianates) Art. It sounds like an impossible class load, but most of the classes are really laid back. The academic schedule follows the high school norm, where one takes the same classes every day. The arts classes however (which are during the second half of the day) follow the college type, where each class is spread out through the week (I'll have Yoga only one day a week).

So goes life, I can't wait to start. Oh, by the way ya'll. Look up Isaac Miller on Google Video, and you'll see some insipring, top notch slam poetry. I didn't think it was possible, but my respect for you Isaac has raised to a new level. This stuff is off the wall, congrats man.

Henrik

3 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

Idyllwild basically sounds like the shit. You must keep us updated on that.

Also: Isaac, I think we should make you an internet celebrity.

8:59 PM, September 11, 2006

 
Blogger Dylan said...

Snaps to Meredith's entire post.

10:48 PM, September 11, 2006

 
Blogger IsaacNoah said...

Um... Meredith, let me say that I am not opposed to that proposal. I'm slightly bashful, but many thanks Henrik. Glad that you enjoyed the work. The respect is definitely mutual. Your situation sounds pretty amazing. I wish you the best and utmost of luck. Keep in touch. (That goes for all of you.)

1:20 AM, September 13, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home