Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Boston happenings

So I gather that many people are in the process of moving into college and/or getting acclimatized to college life. So, while the lull in blogging is understandable, it will not be tolerated much longer! Ummm, I'm kinda part of the problem, so here I am. My trip up to MIT was rather eventful in itself, as we drove, stopping in Baltimore, Delaware, Philly, NYC, then Boston. And it freaking rained just about the whole way there. Believe you me, bouncing along in a very loaded down car when visibility is about 2 inches is not so fun. Since MIT's orientation goes for so long, every dorm blows out the stops to put on a show and attract people. My particular dorm really likes destruction, so much sodium was dropped into the Charles River, about 20 monitors found their way five stories to the ground assisted by gravity, and much coffeemate was destroyed in a huge fireball. So it's lively here, though the first week is misleadingly so. I'm pretty well settled in to a very yellow room (that color is changing as soon as possible), and I saw Jsn, of all people, today in Harvard Square and MIT. Dylan, you'll have to remind me of the good restaurants in Cambridge (we went to Fire and Ice), and I'm gonna have to let Jason do the writeup of our minireunion and pics and such (of course he had a camera!) Also, to clarify the role of George Washington on the quarter, here's some 100-percent-true American history: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc9y5ayeeb4

2 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Somehow I never thought about gigantic explosions and new student orientations as compatible phenomena. But then again, I'm not an MIT student.

4:23 PM, September 03, 2006

 
Blogger Emma said...

those pictures are seriously impressive, Charles. The only fun thing we did at my orientation was have a toga party, and that came after three days of boring hell...

4:57 PM, September 03, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home