Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Oh yeah - Presidents' Day Eve addendum

(and by the way, is it Presidents' Day or President's Day? I figure it belongs to at least George and Abe, even if other ex-executives may not always be deemed deserving of a national holiday, so I'm going with the plural version.)

P.S. I was going to address Jason's query about my prospective membership in the class of 2012. I'm turning 19 in July and, as many 19-year-old Mormon males choose to do, I'm taking two years off from school to serve as a missionary. I'll spend this time doing service and spreading the gospel, as well as possibly learning a new language. I don't know where I'm going it, but it could be almost anywhere in the world other than a warzone or a Middle Eastern/North African nation (countries where missionaries are either not safe or not permitted into). Needless to say, I'm pretty excited about it all. I plan to turn in my paperwork in May; this should allow me to find out where I'm going towards the end of July, perhaps, and leave around the beginning of September.

The two years of missionary work are going to push my graduation date back to 2012, hence my comment on Henrik's post. I think the toughest thing about my missionary service is going to be parting from my freshman class - they'll all be seniors when I return. But being a missionary is definitely going to be worth it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Henrik Herb said...

Sam,

I know this kid named Ben who goes to Stanford as well. Last time I checked he has short, blind hair with really long bangs and plays the viola. Blasted! I wish I could remember his last name. Ring a bell? Tell him I say hi....?

1:45 AM, February 20, 2007

 
Blogger slaytonm said...

Sounds like an amazing experience. Ideological differences and opinions aside, I think you should go for it if you want to.
So many people here (especially engineers) are taking summer courses and the like to graduate sooner, and that's kind of crazy.

Good luck!

1:24 PM, February 20, 2007

 
Blogger Sam said...

Is he short and from Washington state? If so, I think he's in my writing class. Otherwise, tell me if you remember anything else about him, especially things that might be helpful in narrowing down Facebook searches. :)

11:20 PM, February 20, 2007

 
Blogger Sanjukta said...

wow Sam, that's a huge decision! But I'm sure it'll be a worthwhile experience. I hope you have a good time and end up with many stories to share.

7:29 PM, February 21, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home