Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Monday, September 19, 2005

Arrgh!

Avast, mateys!

Sorry, my ninja allies, but today is International Talk Like a Pirate Day, and who am I to argue with the International Holiday Authority? You have to admit it is a pretty chill holiday. Although I believe I detect a bit of anti-ninja discrimination - where's Talk Like a Ninja Day? I guess ninjas don't really talk . . . maybe Be Silent Like a Ninja Day?

Two minutes later:
OK, I did some web research, and it turns out there is a ninja day! Wow, I'm so excited I'm about to start trembling with excitement! It's December 5 (incidentally, the same as St. Nicholas Day, a big deal in this neck of the woods - who've the pirates got for their patron saint, I wonder?).

Here's a basic info page on ninja day: www.ninjaburger.com/dayoftheninja

And here's another cool web hit I picked up - looks like some enterprising kindred ninja spirit at University of Illinois who writes for the school paper. http://www.illinimedia.com/di/opinions/564

So anyway, pirates, enjoy your day. But watch out for the Day of the Ninja.

Sam

7 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

This just in! There is a Pirates Vs. Ninja day, too! February 3rd! No way! Tell me I'm dreaming!

4:23 PM, September 19, 2005

 
Blogger Meredith said...

And guess who walked around talking like a pirate all day? That's right, me. I am in the pirate club, after all.

Some other kids are starting up a rival ninja club, though! That's spells trouble.

5:34 PM, September 19, 2005

 
Blogger Charles Wu said...

I wrote a story for AP Lang that involves lots of pirates and out lovely canoe trip/battle. Oh, and Adam gets shurikened in the throat, as you might imagine happening in a true pirates v. ninjas environment.

5:52 PM, September 19, 2005

 
Blogger Emma said...

St. Nicholas Day is pretty big in my neck of the woods, too. When I was in Kindergarten, one boy's dad came to my class dressed up like St. Nicholas and we all had to lay our shoes out by the window (since we lacked a fireplace in our classroom). I got a lump of coal. But then I was a pretty bad kid back then. I just remember crying and crying and crying. It was hard.

If only I had known about Pirate Day earlier! Perhaps I'll wear an eye patch to youth symphony rehersal...

5:58 PM, September 19, 2005

 
Blogger Charles Wu said...

Oh, and Chris says hi, as he still can't access the website

7:01 PM, September 19, 2005

 
Blogger Jason Chua said...

Awesome. There are actually days dedicated to ninjas and pirates. Too bad yesterday was the pirates' turn... blech.

Charles, if it's not a problem, you have to send me a copy of that essay.

6:02 AM, September 20, 2005

 
Blogger Sam said...

I'd like to get a look at that essay too. Can it be posted on the website somehow?

4:48 PM, September 20, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home