Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Whoa, whoa, whoa, stop the car!

Do you know why we stopped the car?
-"Driving Test," Parrapa the Rapper

Yes, Parrapa, I do know why we stopped the car: the St. Louis TASP seems to have not taken the path of the lovers, but that of the haters. And though I normally think of myself as a lover, I believe that a response is in order. I perused St. Louis' blog a couple minutes ago and discovered multiple posts professing superiority to us in things such as looks and group picture. I can only conclude that they perceive us as competition, incorrectly. How could they challenge us, when we have the power of Michigan, sexy t-shirts, really good taste in music and of course, are incredibly attractive? And that is all I have to say on that!

TASP moments! While I confess that not every single thing I do during the day reminds me of TASP as it did in the first week after returning home, some things did strike me.

I spotted "Seventh Generation" laundry detergent in Whole Foods("Whole Paycheck," according to John Sinclair) and am now using it. I couldn't resist, and I'm air-drying my clothing, too, like a good lover of the environment. Thank you, environment-loving Emma!
Also, on this same trip to Whole Foods, I spotted Brown Cow yogurt. I vaguely remembered Henrik mentioning the chocolate flavor being tasty at dinner one time, and so it picked up. I am now confirming it as more tasty than I thought possible.
Also, I saw a shoe abandoned on one of the campus paths and I thought of Ridley and the man who stole just the one shoe during the Turquoise Revolution. And then I told the story to one of my friends, who found it entertaining.

And last, so important that it deserves its own paragraph: snapping has taken off. I introduced it to the new kids in my dorm when they were impressionable about boarding school and I was in a position of power. I informed them that when they agreed with something, they were to snap. They duly complied when we had our first all-dorm meeting, and thus, snapping has spread through the dorm. We've kept our momentum with it in the dorm, especially at dorm meetings. While suffusing it through the entire campus may take some more time, know that the spirit of snapping lives on!

Top 5 songs of right now(High Fidelity, woo!):
1.La Tortura - Shakira The beat commands me to shake my booty, and I can only obey.
2.Catch My Disease - Ben Lee It's not an ode to STDs, I swear!
3.Galang - M.I.A. Dance...dance!
4.Teenage Graffiti - The Pink Spiders High energy, flip out and stop doing your homework so you can dance around your room type song.
5.Fat Bottomed Girls - Queen They really do make the rockin' world go 'round.

1 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Hooray MIA! Hooray snapping! Hooray Seventh Generation!

12:10 PM, September 18, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home