Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

happy birthday guys!
may your photographicking and slamicking be a bold reification of all that is good in the world.

so I know that this will tick a few of you off, but it has to be said. due to the fact that I am taking all my core classes at our local college this year, and that college doesn't start up for another month, i currently have...band...and...choir. yes being a music nerd is fun, and yes, my friends are pissed, and yes, I miss no opportunity to rub it in--("enjoy the rest of your day! BWUA HA HA HA!") that concluding laugh, in case you couldn't tell, was picked up from adam the great.

In other news, I finished reading Pride and Prejudice!
I have but one comment

Mr. Bennet!!!!

my friends, when they say me reading it would either give their approval or question why I was reading a bona fide chick flick. strangely these comments seemed to be dictated by the gender of the commentator. hmmmm. I told my best friend when he looked at me funny that he was missing out on a great book, that included an equally great movie with not only hot girls, but hot guys as well. then he really looked at me funny.

I just got back from possibly the hardest backpacking trip I have ever taken. it included a day where we intended to walk this ridgeline for 5 or 6 miles, except there was no trail on this ridge, so we had no way of knowing that it was mostly razor edge sawtooths. cosequently it ended up being like 9 hours of free climbing with no rope and a thirty pound pack. at one point I had to jump ten feet down onto a six inch wide ledge. whee

I went to a free outdoor concert today put on to celebrate the end of the summer in our town. except it was like a barbershop quartet that you couldn't hear cuz the mics weren't working. a marimba band and a bluegrass family band that you wished you couldn't hear. how I miss the days when we would all go to totp and dance for hours before sliding off to stuccis on the way home
*gets all teary eyed before moving on*

moving on. I'm a little behind on my college apps. by which I mean that I really haven't started the essays. by which I mean that I don't even know which schools I am applying to. by which I mean that in all truth I really haven't thought about it one iota. HA! Lets see you beat that level of procrastination!

I'm trying out again for the school play. Its "the foreigner". never heard of it. let you know how it goes.

having trouble with one of my friends who wont speak to me at the moment. not sure why. think she may still be ticked that last year while she was in the glassy eyed stage of a new romantic relationship I made friends with a couple of other students who happen to be female and LDS (meaning no offense Sam). At one point she accused me of "boning Mormons". isn't high school great at times? ah well, I'll try and figure out whats on her mind.

and on that note, it is now 9:20 pm oregon time, and as you all know, that means it is time for me to hit the sack.

cheerio all

Berno

p.s. Im not entirely sure how to post it on hte rec page, so ill just tell you here. If any of you get the hankering for great jazz CD, XXL by Gordin Goodwin and the Big Phat Band is truly stupendous. for those of you downloaders, track 9 is the best.
-b

1 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

None taken. The Foreigner is a true paragon of dramatic comedy, by the same guy who did The Nerd (which may be slightly more famous?). Basically, a mild-mannered guy goes on vacation to the South and pretends not to speak English so he can avoid conversation, only to be drawn into a Ku Klux Klan plot involving a mentally retarded guy, a croquet mallet, and an exploding van. I saw it six or seven years ago and just about died laughing. If (or should I say when?) you get a part, be sure to fill me in.

3:21 PM, September 09, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home