Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Friday, September 02, 2005

Marineralicious

Hello!

For those of you who have no idea what I'm trying to say with the title, it's just me referring to "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner" in a way that only I would get. How pathetic...hehehe. Aaaanyway, I just finished writing my six-page explication of it. That's another sad thing: I really didn't get most of what I wanted to put in my explication in those six pages...I could've written a book on that poem. If you've never read it, check it out. It's beeeeauuuutifuuuulll...and you know what's even more beautiful? I used the word "reified" in the paper!!! Yesss....

You guys, you MUST check out this T-shirt. Do it RIGHT NOW. I am NOT kidding...you want to see this. Here it is:

http://www.jinx.com/scripts/details.asp?affid=-1&productID=357

And it's on a self-proclaimed GEEK site, no less! Yay!

Tomorrow I go shopping on Melrose with my friend Liz. It doesn't sound like she knows exactly where she's going, so pray I don't die or anything...heh....heh...*gulp*

I hope you guys are being the beautiful, fantastic people you are!

I LOVE YOU!!

Love,

Lisa

2 Comments:

Blogger Jason Chua said...

Uh, excuse me?! Ninjas rule. That shirt is nothing but misguided propaganda. *does snooty upturned nose*

Oh, and what/where's Melrose? Anything I'm meant to know about it?

4:07 PM, September 02, 2005

 
Blogger Sam said...

*snap snap* to Jason's ninja-pirate comment.

I think the Rime of the Ancient Mariner is particularly TASP-relevant, since Coleridge claimed he wrote it while on drugs. Speaking of that, have any of you read Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, by Douglas Adams of Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy fame? It's a crazy science fiction/humor book, but it is based on one of Coleridge's poems. Definitely worth a read. In fact, I may post it on the recommendations site.

Sam

4:45 PM, September 02, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home