Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Saturday, November 05, 2005

BEWARE... May Eat Away Time Allocated For Sleep And Other Productive Activities

It's 2:30 in the morning, and I have a college interview later today. So I really should be busy being unconscious. Instead, I have spent the past few hours ensnared by this website.

It may look like just another badly designed homepage, but this unassuming black page is a portal to the most engrossing and time-consuming website ever. Except for this blog, of course. Which could do with some updating, come to think of it.

OK, the premise is simple. Read the page and source code for clues to fiddle with the web address and advance to the next page. There are 100 pages, and the clues range from jaw-droppingly simple to dizzyingly hard. Sounds dorky and a complete waste of time, and it is. But I'm hooked anyway.

A couple of my friends and I have been conferencing on MSN Messenger, sloooowly working our way through the various levels. We're no where near the end.

I thought you guys might appreciate the site. It's best attempted on a slow night and with the help of others, else it gets frustrating pretty quickly.

Anyway, hope to hear more from everybody sometime soon.

Jason

7 Comments:

Blogger Charles Wu said...

stuck on 49

11:09 PM, November 05, 2005

 
Blogger Jason Chua said...

Ack, that one is particularly heinous. If you're still stuck, think about applying the blocks to the grid. You're trying to find a single word. The blocks can overlap but cannot go out of the page.

8:41 AM, November 06, 2005

 
Blogger Emma said...

I'm stuck on level seven. *hangs head in shame*

7:53 PM, November 06, 2005

 
Blogger Meredith said...

Stuck in level 10. Can't figure it out for the life of me, even though I've figured out the anagram. What the hell do I do?

1:16 PM, November 07, 2005

 
Blogger Jason Chua said...

Well I guess you unscrambled the bit that says "perhaps the answer could be over there, or it could be here. Who knows, it might even be in your mind." It's basically screaming the answer at you.

And if you're absolutely stumped, there are TONS of sites that give hints to this puzzle page, but I've refrained from looking.

Stuck on 51... one of my friends whizzed through and reached page 101 within six hours. It's getting way too frustrating, so I'm going to make a renewed attempt sometime in the weekend.

3:46 PM, November 07, 2005

 
Blogger Meredith said...

Now I'm stuck on 46. The other one was definitely painfully obvious. I'm determined to make my way through it. Thanks for feeding my senioritis, Jason! You jerk :)

9:01 PM, November 07, 2005

 
Blogger Jason Chua said...

Haha, you're welcome.

*evil cackle*

1:31 PM, November 08, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home