Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Monday, February 06, 2006

The Internet and I Are Eloping

Hello, most beloved TASPers!

Check out this sweet new thing: Pandora
It's affiliated with the Music Genome Project. You put in your favorite artist and they make a radio station with stuff they think you'll like, based on stuff like matching tonality, use of rhythm guitar, etc. It's pretty badass. I discovered, by entering Ben Harper, that I like this band called Gogol Bordello. They're a Ukrainian-gypsy-punk-cabaret band. Wrap your head around that.

Also, you should check out blingo. It's run by the same people who do Google. You search using blingo, and if you search at the right time, you win a prize, like an iTunes gift certificate or a PSP. It's pretty badass. So you should all check it out.

In other news, I've started a blog. It's a lot more fun than I thought it would be.

"Trying to get you play this section properly is like trying to clip facial hair with a potato peeler."
-my band director to the trumpets

13 Comments:

Blogger Charles Wu said...

Apparently, the humble banana has already experienced a mass-dying. The "old breed" of bananas, I'm told, pack more of a banana-y flavor POW! But I pretty much agree that bananas are one of the few anytime fruits, and they induce sleepiness, which is never a bad thing.

11:56 PM, February 06, 2006

 
Blogger Emma said...

Did you know that you are one of the most articulate, funny, and creative people I know? That is the funnest blog ever!

Alas, being a terribly young seventeen year old means that I mayn't sign up for blingo. Perhaps another year.

3:31 PM, February 07, 2006

 
Blogger Meredith said...

I am seventeen, too. Don't tell.

9:41 PM, February 07, 2006

 
Blogger Meredith said...

And thank you, you are very sweet. :)

9:42 PM, February 07, 2006

 
Blogger Jason Chua said...

Seriously, your blog is one of the most entertaining pieces of writing I've read in a while.

Unfortunately, bananas have never appealed to me. They make my tongue go all sore - similar to the effect of drinking too much coke. But I do indeed see why you consider them uber-fruits.

3:22 PM, February 08, 2006

 
Blogger Emma said...

You know, I don't have a problem with my tongue going sore while I'm eating terribly delicious things. I've never experienced this problem/okay-thing-by-me with bananas, but salt and vinegar chips with coke? Wow, that'll do it. And yet, I still believe this is a winning combination of personal tradition proportions.

4:58 PM, February 08, 2006

 
Blogger Meredith said...

Yeah, delicious things usually go over pretty well with me, too. I think salt and vinegar chips are horrifying, though. MORE salt on potato chips? Egads!

6:03 PM, February 08, 2006

 
Blogger Emma said...

Oooh, the ones in the vending machine by the seminar room were kick ass.

8:07 PM, February 08, 2006

 
Blogger Jason Chua said...

Gaaaah... what were they called? It's driving me to distraction. Sort of. I keep trying to remember the name of that one particular brand of chips, you know, the one I scarfed a bag of basically every single day during the seminar break.

What were they called? Aid my tormented (and disappointingly inefficient) memory.

6:56 PM, February 09, 2006

 
Blogger Charles Wu said...

Sun Chips! http://www.phoood.com/weblog/sunchips.jpg

9:33 PM, February 09, 2006

 
Blogger Jason Chua said...

Thanks. Must remember to hunt them down the next time I'm in the States.

And I have to say, that program Pandora is pretty much amazing.

8:06 AM, February 10, 2006

 
Blogger Sam said...

*snap snap* to Jason's comments on Pandora. I'm pondering the legality of my opening an account with my Grandma's zip code (we do use her address for semi-official purposes) in order to take more permanent advantage of it. Ah, the dilemmas of expatriatism.

And salt and vinegar potato chips are definitely tasty.

12:30 PM, February 10, 2006

 
Blogger Emma said...

it's an interesting name though....good music isn't exactly an evil like disease or war is it?

3:12 PM, February 10, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home