Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

I've finally crawled out of my academic quagmire, and it's 130 in the morning

My fellow TASPers,

Sorry I haven't said anything in a while, but I've been pretty busy. Playwrite conferences, prep-school apps, AP Classes, senior play, student senate, compost committee, and music have invaded my life and taken up my time. It doesn't help that I have procrastinated on every homework assignment or other manifestations of responsibility, no fail. But oh well, my apps are almost out, I finished my play, and things are looking brighter.

I'm going to be visiting California in a couple weeks, so heads up to Isaac. I've already spoken to Christina and Lisa, becuase I'll be around their area. Sorry Isaac, my brotha, I'm gonna be pioneering the southern side. I'm mainly taking this trip so I can visit the Idyllwild Arts Academy, my reach school. It's in the mountains of California with a huge emphasis on the arts: I'll finally be able to indulge myself in an educational environment where I can relax on the academics and give my music a little more time. I'm really burning myself out, I have this disorder, it's called: sign yourself up for everything that intrigues you and then realize your lack of time afterwards...syndrome. Oh well.

Are the mere 4 Post-Graduates at Idyllwild a good or bad sign?

In regards to the other schools, Cambridge School of Weston and Vermont Academy basically told my dad I was in, but of course they weren't direct. Additionally, my dad would say something like that just from a hunch. But other than that, Northifeld Mount Hermon is the second choice, it also has a lot to offer. I'll be hearing from these blasted schools in March, or so.

Happy Belated Birthday Ridley! I hope all is well. It's good to know you're out there voting now, hopefully they won't barracade you like they did to all those college students in Ohio last time. I haven't read from many recent Blogs, but have any colleges responded? On that note, who got into where? I know Jason is a Princtetonite and Meredith A Yale-ulian. Tell me more! I'm eager to know.

Anyone read Turn of the Screw? Interesting book by the genius of social interactions, Henry James. For those who have read it, care to offer your own interpretation of the ending? I'm throwing this on the table cuz my class didn't really get to debate the ambiguity. It's always frustrating when a teacher disregards the ending of a book like that, how anti-climatic.

Sam and Jason, congrats on the math competition. I'm not surprised at all. TASP REPRESENTATION!

And before I leave, let me remind you all of your amazing characteristics. I wrote a lot about TASP in my applications, and it really reminded me of how unique you all are.

All righty, lata

Herb

All right, I have to do a top 5
1. Appel Direct - Django Reinhardt
2. Angry - Bobby McFerrin
3. Little Lilly - Widespread Panic
4. Methuo - Grand Theft Bus
5. Boat Song - Gary Jules

7 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

sounds like your last semester isn't quite a senior slack-off. It's amazing about that syndrome--I've been having similar symptoms and then I read about it in one of my mum's medical magazines, pretty serious thing, hang in there. Better luck with your next senior year, hey? Got my fingers crossed for you!

4:18 PM, February 12, 2006

 
Blogger Henrik Herb said...

I think the load's cooled down a bit. my senior slack year will be next year, catch my drift...?

7:03 PM, February 12, 2006

 
Blogger Henrik Herb said...

wait a second...is there actually a syndrome?

8:12 PM, February 12, 2006

 
Blogger Henrik Herb said...

no no, i was talking about the signing up for everything syndrome. by the way, congrats rid. congrats!!!!!

9:22 PM, February 12, 2006

 
Blogger Meredith said...

You're alive? Kidding, kidding. Sounds like a pretty sweet life, despite/because of the overwhelming number of things you're involved in. I find that signing up for stuff is kind of like heaping out an entire carton of Chinese food. You think you're going to eat the whole thing, no problem, and then all of a sudden there's still a third of it left, but you're full, and you think to yourself, "Why won't I ever learn?" But you keep eating anyway.

:)

10:14 PM, February 12, 2006

 
Blogger Emma said...

Oh it's a real medical condition, and the only known cure is a diet of granola and fruit juices like Looza. Tuck in!

4:41 PM, February 13, 2006

 
Blogger IsaacNoah said...

Bah! Bah I say. Oh well... Have fun in the pit of despair *cough* ...I mean beautiful sun-soaked Southern Cali. Have an awesome trip. I'll see you the next time around.

8:36 PM, February 13, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home