Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

MIT

I got in! Good stuff. But the thrill isn't quite as big as Caltech was yesterday - frankly, I would've been able to brush off a rejection pretty painlessly. My dad figures Caltech carefully times its acceptance letters so that they arrive right before MIT's, giving them a strong psychological advantage among students admitted to both. But I'm still excited!

*crosses fingers for Charles*

11 Comments:

Blogger Sanjukta said...

goddamn it, sam, why are you so amazing?

1:19 PM, March 18, 2006

 
Blogger Jason Chua said...

You amaze (but do not surprise) me.

Congratulations yet again!

1:31 PM, March 18, 2006

 
Blogger Dylan said...

Sam the man strikes aga'n!

Congratulations!

3:24 PM, March 18, 2006

 
Blogger Meredith said...

Congrats!
That is mucho fabulous.

7:36 PM, March 18, 2006

 
Blogger Meredith said...

And I agree with your dad. It's probably like how they send the "likely" letters. The idea's that just as people hold a special place in their hearts for first loves, so will there be a special place in admittee's hearts for the first school that accepts them.

7:38 PM, March 18, 2006

 
Blogger Henrik Herb said...

Sam, just know you'll be the topic of many future college discussions. "I know a kid who got into MIT AND Caltech , yeah he's a genius." Great job, I'm nowhere near surprised.

8:14 PM, March 18, 2006

 
Blogger Emma said...

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeah!

10:57 PM, March 18, 2006

 
Blogger slaytonm said...

Now the biggest decision....


more than adams family versus munsters....

more than simpsons versus family guy...

more than chocolate versus vanilla...

(can I get away with one more?)

even more than harvard versus yale...

CalTech versus MIT

6:04 PM, March 19, 2006

 
Blogger Charles Wu said...

Congrats and thanks for the wishes! I beat Super Star Wars to celebrate my nerdy acceptance; what were you up to? :-P

11:51 PM, March 19, 2006

 
Blogger Sam said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:58 AM, March 20, 2006

 
Blogger Sam said...

I finished my math investigation on the zeros of cubic functions.

*high-fives Charles*

12:00 PM, March 20, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home