Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Just thought I'd put a bunch of pictures I have from recent trips. Finally Meredith, the DC Pictures! But also, right after TASPUM, I went to Germany and Paris, and there are some pictures in there as well. I still have a TASP-load of pictures from Telluride I just haven't gotten around to posting yet, so just you guys wait... (by the way, sorry those DC pictures are so small)

And with the Telluride Association Directory, what's the deal with the Association anyway? Is there any way I can be a more active member? Adam, are you out there somewhere in the cyberworld?

So remember my projects? I decided to merge a couple, sorta kinda. Instead of planting the Riparian Buffer System, the National Honor Society, Calliope (Literary Magazine), The Compost Committee, and any other school clubs I'm affiliated with will help me with the concert, which will be a benefit for either Darfur or Disease in Africa. Which do you guys think is more urgent? And as for the waste system thing, my stupid advisor simply won't order the new material. He's a bearded lazy, and dammit, I need those new compost bins if it's the last thing I purchase!

Speaking of this bearded lazy, he also played "God" in my school's production of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, which was, with great surprise, excellent! The acting was by far the best - no seniors! It was better than the senior play (well that wasn't really a surprise)! Such an excellent movie for theater adaptation.

All right, these artists are quite good. I recommend you check out all these links, for some of them are really important in the music world today. The more you get into them, the more you'll see why.

1. Devendra Banhart (singer/songwriter/Indie)
2. Derek Trucks Band (Rootsy blues/jam)
3. Phil Lesh and Friends (Jam/Dead-esque)
4. Koop (Electronica/Jazz - THE epitomy of the merge, website in the making)
5. Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk (New Orleans Based Funk, with a twist)

Henrik, who wasn't as smart as meredith.

2 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

Yay for photos!
You weren't kidding about their being small, but I still like you.
Devendra Banhart and I are like this, especially the song "Hey Mama Wolf."

10:00 PM, May 14, 2006

 
Blogger Emma said...

About the benefit concert-I think you should find an organization you really care about and donate to their cause. I think people are a lot more eager to give when they know something about the organization they're giving to. Just a thought. Hang in there Hen, summer is almost here!

4:31 PM, May 15, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home