Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Okay, Senior Spring!

Dearest Lovers of Loving Love...

Yesterday was Principal's Day. It's a tradition at my school that the principal surprises us one day during the spring by cancelling classes. Weeks of rumors and hours of analysis are spent in the time preceding the day as students desperately try to figure out which day it will be. Some students play homework roulette and do none of their homework the day before what they think will be the day off. Then we get the information in a surprising way. One year there was a plane that flew overhead the afternoon before with "PRINCIPAL'S DAY TOMORROW!" on a banner behind it. Two years ago, it was fortune cookies in the dining hall. Last year, it was a flag on the main academic building and a sign on the local movie theater instead of the movie listings. This year it was a few banners. All tests and papers that were scheduled for the day that turns out to be Principal's Day are cancelled entirely and it's one of the few days where students have absolutely nothing they need to do.

Which brings me to my point. The night before Principal's Day, the principal brings in an act to entertain us. This year, it was InPulse, a sort-of a capella group. They had one guy doing beatboxing in the back for all their songs, a rhythm section and two vocal guys. And they were disgustingly good. You should all check them out because they are freaking amazing. My favorite part of the show was when they had a beatboxing throwdown, possibly the coolest thing ever, and just right in the middle of a song. They were singing "Your Body is a Wonderland," and suddenly they just stop, start working the crowd, and get sick with the beatboxing. My second favorite part was when the drum section dude just broke it down for five minutes, chilling on stage. Very funny, very excellent, and all the girls in the audience swooned when the Australian one started talking.

So, I went to see the movie Stick It yesterday, too. Don't judge me! It's by the same people who did Bring It On!, and it's just as good, if perhaps not better brain sugar. It was a lot of fun, and they did some interesting cinematography and camera tricks. Also, I watched the trailer for Snakes on a Plane and nearly had a hernia. WATCH IT, it is the funniest thing I've ever seen. I wish I had known about it so I could have been an extra in the movie. Samuel Jackson was running around like, NO, NO, SNAKES ON A PLANE! The people on the plane have expressions like, "I...am...on...a...plane...with...SNAKES, and I can't get off because it's a plane and did I mention that the snakes are poisonous WHY GOD WHY?!" People just flip out and hack at obviously fake snakes with axes, snakes pop out of people's shirts, and things start exploding for no reason.

In other news, my water polo team is going to the New England Championships in 8 days. Wish us luck.

On a TASPery note, I would like everyone to check out the third photobucket and see Bern's excellent pictures and Emma's super-cute hair. I would also like to note that Ridley has yet to do something which I remember she said she would, something involving hair...

Finally, I would like to note that I have not seen the sun in 5 days due to the abysmal weather.

Top 5:
1. On the Eve of War - Jedi Mind Tricks
2. Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps - Cake
3. Obsession - InPulse
4. The Book of Love - The Magnetic Fields (interesting perspective on love)
5. Going to Marrakesh - The Extra Glenns

-Meredith, the girl who took no APs and thought, "Fuck you, college board!" as she kept her $80

6 Comments:

Blogger Sanjukta said...

The weather has been sooooo whack.
I mean, its mid-May, and all I can see for days now is a gloomy overhead.

THIS IS ALL BECAUSE OF GLOBAL WARMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm telling you right now - it'll be better once Hillary's the prez.
Yep.

4:06 PM, May 12, 2006

 
Blogger Emma said...

Sanju, have I told you lately that you're crazy? : )

Man, principal's day sounds sweet. I am so jealous! And good luck!

4:20 PM, May 12, 2006

 
Blogger Jason Chua said...

I want to go to your school.

4:19 AM, May 13, 2006

 
Blogger Emma said...

Oh shut up, you're done already!!!

9:43 AM, May 13, 2006

 
Blogger Jason Chua said...

Good point.

Still, we don't get InPulse over here, who by the way seem amazing.

12:24 PM, May 13, 2006

 
Blogger Henrik Herb said...

Have you guys heard of global dimming? There's a movie special on it from PBS and a weak article on wikipedia. But I guess because of it, it's making the effects of global warming less apparent. Who knows, but according to some, it's a problem too, and it's going to take us, the new generation, to control it.

5:05 PM, May 14, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home