Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Gradumawhating

Most flipping sweet TASPers:

So I was perusing the photobucket. I noticed that the Wu man has blue hair, which was confusing. Also, the captions are kind of hilarious and random. But most importantly, I was made nostalgic by seeing Adam waving a bottle of Vernor's. I had forgotten about this sweet nector of the earth. We cannot find it on the east coast, unlike Looza, which is available at Whole Paycheck. I longed for the sharp, nose-tingly goodness of Vernor's. It called to me.

Okay, now to current events...
All the underclassmen left campus on Thursday afternoon, and prom was on Thursday night. We loaded ourselves onto coach buses and went down to Boston for a flipping sweet prom. There was mad musicking, pretty dresses, delicious food (we took pictures) and wardrobe malfunctions. All I'm going to say is that one friend had to be assisted with double-sided boob tape. Last night was the senior carnival, which had an inflatable obstacle course, caricatures, bullriding, sumo, professional massages and GIANT TWISTER (think 40 people in on a game). There are some classy pictures of me bent over random people. One of the girls on the polo team and I somehow kept getting tangled and she would knock my leg with her face in an attempt to knock me over and eliminate me. We're a little competitive, but in a fun way. I did all the activities, even the sumo, which had suits that smelled just a lot like butt.

We'd planned to go bridgejumping today, but it's cold and rainy. My BFFs (I'm secretly in middle school) and I went to breakfast instead. We were sitting there, and it occured to me that in 24 hours we would be alums. I waited for such a long time for prom and graduation and my driver's license, and it's all happening. Living the things you've fantasized about is sort of surreal and exciting. The campus is empty, I've taken my walk around the school to really look at it the way I didn't get a chance to when I was working here. I opened my time capsule from 9th grade and read the letter I wrote to myself. I listened to the CDs which had recorded messages from friends, my favorite songs. Essentially, my 9th grade self thinks I'm a badass, but I'd be better if I had a hot boyfriend.

On the awesome side, I wrote a list of my favorite books w/ a title, and the library made it into a bookmark. Several of my friends got theirs, too, and it's really awesome.

Booty, booty, booty, booty rockin' everywhere...

Top 5:
1. Ms. New Booty - Bubba Sparxxx
2. Such Great Heights - Postal Service
3. I Believe in a Thing Called Love - The Darkness
4. Killing Moon - Echo and the Bunny Men
5. Thirsty - Zox

-Meredith, gradumawhating extraordinaire

1 Comments:

Blogger Sanjukta said...

Oh I know! Prom was yesterday, and it was really fun, but finally, in the wee hours of the morning, it was kind of poignant. We were all holding each other in the limo and singing farewell songs, and kumbaya and it all really brought the reality crashing on into this fantasy that we were living yesternight. We're graduates, and high school is now behind us, only available in reminiscinces, scrapbooks, and photos.

1:08 PM, June 10, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home