Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Back in the U.S.S.A.

Hey guys, I'm back! The trip felt like it lasted months, but now that I'm back it seems as if nothing has changed in this stagnant town called Middlebury.

With only one bag, a Mastercard and a Eurail Pass, Andrea and I went from Madrid to Barcelona to Geneva to a town outside of Zurich to Stuttgart to Paris. We saw everything from Gaudi's Parc Guelle to the vendors of the Montreux Jazz Festival to the homeland of 'Heidi' to German soccer fans to the Centre de Pompidou. I'll post some pictures at some point, when my laziness subsides and I revert to a somewhat productive summer. And any questions of interest are more than welcome, just email me, make a post or gimme a call.

Oh yeah, which reminds me, we checked out Tubigen (I'm not quite sure that's how you spell it), a German town outside of Stuttgart which is the home of a 500 year old University. My parents lived there for a while, so my dad decided to show Drea and I around (we met up with him briefly in Germany). And in the middle of the streets, I ran into this kid who graduated from my high school 4 years ago! I knew his family pretty well, it was incredibly weird just seeing him walking down the street as a foreign exchange student learning German. At first, I imagined the probability to be off the charts, but of all the people I know from Middlebury (about 8,000 people), he would be more likely to be seen. After all, he was Italian, had a love for learning languages and travelling Europe, and had the family background of taking excursions to the Western part of the Old World. I wonder...

But, all in all, the main purpose of this blog is to inform all of you:

TASP Reunion, Henrik's House.

I understand that many of you, possibly all, will not be able to make it (let alone read this blog). But I will contact all of you individually by email or phone to get the concensus of your plans and more information. August 7th is the planned date for about 3-4 days, and everyone can stay in my reasonably large house. But if it turns out a later or earlier date would work better, I'll see if I can change plans. Anyhow, for those who can make it, let me know as soon as possible.

Henrik

P.S. Anyone heard of Madeline Peyroux? and Rid, did you get the package?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEREDITH, BRINGER OF DRY HUMOR INTO ALL BLOGS

9 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

It's not definite, but I'm pretty sure that I'd be in on the sweet reunion action.

My friend played the Madeline Peyroux album Careless Love for me, and I found her initially very annoying. After some more listening, however, it grew on me. Her stuff kind of reminds me of a female Amos Lee.

8:39 PM, July 20, 2006

 
Blogger Henrik Herb said...

dith - are you in vermont? If so, how can I get a hold of you? Yeah, and Peyroux was initially that way for me too, but don't you hear a lil' billie holiday in her voice?

3:37 PM, July 21, 2006

 
Blogger Dylan said...

My job goes until the 13th, but I do have two days off left to schedule—one this coming week (Sun-Sat) and one the week after that. I can't take a day in the last week of camp (too bad, or I'd be free for the reunion as it is currently scheduled) and I can't take one on Sundays. But if the reunion were to be moved earlier...

I could also just drop by and see you, Henrik, since I'm in Wentworth, NH (within an hour of Middlebury). The only hangup would be transportation (I lack a driver's license, let alone a car).

4:03 PM, July 21, 2006

 
Blogger Meredith said...

A little Billie Holiday? Now that you mention it, yes. I feel like Peyroux, however, much like Michael McDonald from The Doobie Brothers, has deceived me by being white. ;)

12:43 AM, July 22, 2006

 
Blogger IsaacNoah said...

Have you heard her cover of Between the Bars? Pretty exceedingly decent...

1:58 PM, July 22, 2006

 
Blogger Meredith said...

No lie.
Although I'm not as wary of covers as some. I'm also a big fan of Lizz Wright's version of "Old Man." I think it's sort of amazing.

2:03 PM, July 22, 2006

 
Blogger Henrik Herb said...

Dith...are you in VT or no?

7:23 PM, July 24, 2006

 
Blogger Henrik Herb said...

nm, reading the later blog answers my question

7:24 PM, July 24, 2006

 
Blogger Meredith said...

Sorry. :(

1:21 AM, July 25, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home