Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I'm really bad at this

So, weekend before last, I went to Boston. A bunch of my friends from home were, for various reasons, going to be reassembled in Boston, coming from Chicago, D.C., and Maine. They called me on Wednesday to get me to come, and I took the train down on Friday. And this impromptu trip up north led to the most beautiful of all things...

A TASP REUNION! And yes, I'm just blogging about it now, a week and a half later. Also, I forgot my camera. I told you I was bad at this.

Anyway, I swung by MIT to visit Charles late on Friday night. He showed me the wonders of MIT, and many there were. The collages on all the rooms of his dorm make Yale's dorms like pretty sterile. And the double-decker couch, the double-decker couch! So, Charles and I caught a bit of a movie I wasn't nearly drunk or male enough to appreciate, Super Troopers. I acquired, along with Charles' company for the evening, an excellent free map of Boston...from a loading dock full of MIT take-it-or-leave-it stuff, like a printer and paraffin wax. Anyway, I was staying at Harvard, so I had to grab the last T train. And of course I forgot my cell phone in the dorm. When Charles called it, his dormmates pretended that it was a wrong number, leading to the most confusing 10 minutes of my weekend.

On Saturday night, Dylan, Charles, a couple of my friends and I all met up at this bar called Pourhouse for dinner. Delicious burgers for $2.50. And all we had to do to get them was spend 45 minutes fighting our way up in line, past the other equally aggressive bands of ravenous college students. The free Boston map, and the fact that I never clean out my bag turned out to be handy, since my friend got off at a random T stop and was lost about five blocks from Pourhouse and needed directions. After dinner, we returned to my friend Alexandra's suite and played that game that I think was on "Family Feud"; you know the one where you have a word and have to make your team guess what it is my describing it? Yeah, we did that, and it got pretty intense. The only solution was to go eat ice cream, and so we did.

Also, funny story unfortunately not related to TASPers. Alexandra won a free lunch on Saturday at an Ethiopian restaurant for her and ten friends. She informed us while we were walking over that a man would be "talking to us until our meal comes." We found that sort of unusual, and she explained that he was a financial adviser. He thought we were a small business, and that we were ten of her co-workers, something she didn't feel the need to explain to us until it was too late. She and another friend, Sarah S., entered the restaurant. The man said, "Are you with Alexandra?" Alexandra said yes, and instead of saying that she was Alexandra, she just called the next girl to enter, Sarah P., Alexandra, pretending that Sarah was her. Not because Alexandra needed to, but because she was too lazy to correct him and decided to just call someone else Alexandra for convenience's sake. So we pretended we worked for a small business for twenty minutes and got a free meal. But we're never trusting Alexandra to plan anything ever again. Especially since the last time she was in charge of getting food, she accidentally ordered a $60 whole Peking Duck.

But anyway, the reunion was very exciting. It was an all around ace weekend. The guy in my Latin American Short Fiction class from another TASP wasn't enough of a fix for me.

A last note: I'm pretty sure I'm going to Bonnaroo this summer with some friends. Is anyone else in on that?

2 Comments:

Blogger Charles Wu said...

I still have an unused pack of paraffin wax. What to do, what to do? I could make crayons?

10:29 PM, February 21, 2007

 
Blogger Henrik Herb said...

I might be going to Bonnaroo, depending on where myother friends are going. Could you imagine a TASP reunion at Bonnaroo! Bwahh! Amazingness

4:56 PM, February 24, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home