Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Friday, March 30, 2007

Bay Area

Right now, I'm in this little cafe called Sundance Coffee in San Fransisco, just exploring this wonderful area as Isaac is chattin it up with some other youth poets of the area.

Did you guys know that our beloved Isaac placed 1st in a competition that earned him a title on the Youth Speaks team? Pretty soon, he's going to be competing at an international competition (it's mostly U.S., but still). Let's give a nice round of snaps for our friend...

Isaac seems to be busy these days, as we all are, but nonetheless he calls Berkley his home with satisfaction in his brow, confidence in his eyes, and humbleness in his mouth. I'm sure you know that expression Isaac makes when he's talking of his marvelous pursuits.

Man, o man. This place is GORGEOUS. I love the Bay Area - oh how sweet the air smells, even in the midst of some ongoing traffic. I like it a lot here, I can see how my parents fell in love here, back in those days of progressive counter culture paradigm and transcendental interest. In my opinion, perfect location for a reunion. But then again, is this really going to happen? I mean, we were supposed to get something going, but I can't get a hold of Lisa or Christina, and Sam couldn't make it. WE GOTTA DO SOMETHING GUYS. Our blog is seriously on the downturn, a hige lack of posts these days. I feel like we're getting to that point in our lives where TASP has happened so long ago that we've all forgotten how wonderful it was. It's really easy to forget, isn't it? With this free time that I've been having, I have been looking through the blog entries, all the photo archives....I really miss you all. It's such a blast to see Isaac. I really think that we need to start makiung more effort to stay in contact. It would be a blast to see more of you all in your respective homes as well. I mean come on, let's switch this blog once and for all. Let's get the SHIT ON THE ROAD! Move it!

Enjoy your breaks. And if they've already fizzed into the unclear, foggy parts of your memory, I hope they went well.

Henrik

5 Comments:

Blogger Henrik Herb said...

By the way, does anyone know if Jason ever posted those camera videos that he had? Anyone know how I could watch them?

9:59 PM, March 30, 2007

 
Blogger Charles Wu said...

They still live in web.mit.edu/cwuz/www PICT0856 is the best :)

7:46 PM, April 02, 2007

 
Blogger Henrik Herb said...

I tried it, but it's not working. Website said it cannot recognize the name

9:26 PM, April 02, 2007

 
Blogger Emma said...

I'll snap to that.

Okay Henrik. This summer we're gonna have to have some serious reunion action. I'll be driving to Colorado in late July, so if anyone's going to be between Michigan and the mountains, you better let me know so I can stop by. Other than that, I'm (hopefully) going to be growing some vegetables on a farm a few miles from Grand Rapids, so if anybody's around here, we should meet. I'll even give you some delicious organic eggplant if you come to my house.
But seriously, I'm the youngest child and we have extra bedrooms now that my siblings are gone, so stay awhile. We're totally cool with guests. Stay a couple days or stay 7 months, come alone or bring your family of five, speak English or speak Japanese. We've had them all, and we'll take you too. We could take weekend trips to the old stomping grounds even!

11:46 PM, April 02, 2007

 
Blogger Henrik Herb said...

Emma, I might be on tour around he western area with a folk-musical (folksical sounds better, I think) group. Chances are that area will be covered. I also have a friend in Montana, who I might be meeting later in the summer. I'll have to get back to you on these maybes, though.

1:51 AM, April 03, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home