Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Monday, April 02, 2007

hey I can post. Calllooh! Callay!

Great news, not much time.
I'm going to Ann Arbor next weekend to see Isaac and Ridley! Hooray for poetry slam competitions!
Also: music festival here last weekend: Sufjan Stevens, Anathallo, Neko Case and Emmylou Harris. I sat third row center for Emmylou, whose voice pretty much sums up my childhood. It was fantastic.

So, that's an update into my TASPly musicking life. Hope you all are well!
Emma

2 Comments:

Blogger Henrik Herb said...

I love Anathallo, I heard they're pretty theatrical in their performances. My friend told me that they all crouched down during a song that discussed the blooming of a flower, and as the song progressed they all slowly stood up in a similar fashion. Anything of that sort happen? Also, what was Sufjan like? Solo or band?

1:53 AM, April 03, 2007

 
Blogger Emma said...

Oh my gosh, we should meet in person and talk about this. There's too much to say. Yes to Anathallo's theatrics. I love them, and they're fantastic live.

Sufjan's shows are always themed, and he had a pretty big band. Probably 10 people in all. They all wore butterfly wings and he wore eagle wings, but when he played John Wayne Gacy, Jr. he didn't wear the clown costume (thankfully, I think that'd be too much for me). Also, they dropped inflatable supermen and Santa Clauses from the catwalk and balcony at different parts during the show for every one to keep afloat. It was quite surreal to be listening to Casimir Pulaski Day and seeing little Santa Clauses bumping around and hearing their faint squeaking noises. Most definitely cool.
He also gave a lecture on the second day of the festival.

If you ever get a chance, go to one of his shows.
Did I mention that the entire festival only cost me $25? It was incredible!

8:14 PM, April 03, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home