Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

It lives!

Dearest TASPers:

I realized that, quite changed from my former obsessive posting, I have been quite remiss in previous weeks. I think it's because not only has the college process eaten me, but it's in the process of digesting me.

We had a volleyball game against our archrival, Andover. We beat them for the first time in two years, and it was completely satisfying. They so thought they were going to win, and it was like, "No, bitch!" BAM BAM BAM. Terribly articulate, I know.
Philosophy class is like a clown on a bridge, juggling my ideas and then dropping them at random into the river, to be swept away and pollute the ocean. I'm not sure of anything anymore. Forget the question of why I exist. Do I exist at all? Do I have free will? Essentially what is real and whether or not I have free will is irrelevant because despite Descartes' point "cogito ergo sum," I don't necessarily exist.
It's all terribly confusing at 8 o'clock in the morning. On the upside, though, this guy called B.F. Skinner, age 101, creator of the airtight crib and belief in positive behavior reinforcement, is coming to our class. I anticipate peppering him with questions about free will and societal influences on decision-making. Delight!

We've begun the voting for "Most *insert thing*" in the senior class. Big man on campus, most likely to appear on GQ, most unlikely couple, most intimidating, most likely to come back to teach at Exeter. I've been informed that I'm high up in the running for "Perfect Exonian." It's all very exciting.

Actually, life isn't as exciting as it may seem. It's rather boring, really. Well, except for Japanese. We're watching a martial arts movie with a twist: the protagonist is in a wheelchair. It's called "Aiki," and it's essentially the most kickass movie ever filmed. It involves a lot of sitting around and throwing people to the ground using only hands. Also, learning Arabic has been amazing.

No more talking about me!

I think you'll all appreciate this. Check it out:
http://www.climatemash.org/index.html

Top 5 Songs for October:
1. The Sidewinder - Lee Morgan
2. Try a Little Tenderness - Otis Redding
3. Say Yes - Elliott Smith
4. Bamana Niya - Toubab Krewe
5. Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy - Big & Rich

5 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:13 PM, October 20, 2005

 
Blogger Meredith said...

I didn't want to just drop the name like he was really famous, just in case he wasn't. He's definitely alive, though, and definitely coming to our class on Saturday morning, unless my philosophy teacher is playing a dirty trick. I'm wicked excited, actually. I'll take a picture and post it, if I can.

[EDIT] He's definitely dead. I'm really confused. I will email my philosophy teacher.

9:19 PM, October 20, 2005

 
Blogger Dylan said...

My prediction: the teacher dresses up as/pretends to be as B.F. Skinner.

9:34 PM, October 20, 2005

 
Blogger Emma said...

I'm with dylan.

I'm disgusted by your number 5, meredith. Absolutely appalled.

1:42 PM, October 21, 2005

 
Blogger Meredith said...

Well, that's why it's number five and not number one, because I'm a little ashamed of it. But only a little.

5:49 PM, October 21, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home