Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Monday, October 03, 2005

Why Did The Koala Fall Out Of The Tree?

It was hit by a double-decker bus.

I was in London from Thursday till Sunday for a *cough* yearbook conference *cough*. We learned about new software, techniques, developed our theme, etc. Useful, yet extremely boring.

London itself was great, despite the noise, crowds, and ridiculously high prices. My hosts lived literally 30 seconds away from Abbey Road (mecca for Beatles fans), so I got to walk on the famous crossing (see the Abbey Road album cover if you don't know what I'm talking about, and sign the studio wall. I've never really listened to their music much, but judging by the scrawled mass of "!OMG I LOVE YOU GUYS!" and "THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!!" that was on the wall, I guess the Beatles were something special. Which is why I decided to go with:

"I really should *heart* the Beatles"

Yes, I realise that I am now officially musically retarded.

Moving on... the conference was organised by the American School of London. According to my host, lots of Americans get mugged around the place where we lived, which was close to the school. Indeed, on Friday, four of their seniors were severely beaten up by a gang of rudes (what they call rowdy Brits) at a pub two blocks away from the school, and on Saturday another senior got his skull fractured when a birthday party was crashed by rudes. So basically ten percent of the graduating class (yeah, it's a tiny school) was sent to the hospital in the three days I was there. Oh well.

On a tangential note, my UK applications are finished (hah, no surprise there since they collectively required one-and-a-half-essays) so that's some of the stress alleviated. Just need to get the US applications out (sooo stressig) and then I'll begin clarinet lessons! Yay, can't wait. In fact, why don't I start beforehand? Hoo, I'm very very excited.

At any rate, I'll upload the few decent photos I took in London (most of them were blurry self-shots taken holding the camera at arm's length) sometime soon.

Till later,

Jason

2 Comments:

Blogger Sanjukta said...

wow, i envy you globetrotters. here, my weekend trips involve the city/new jersey/ connecticut. ah well.
btw, Why do the americans get mugged?

3:33 PM, October 04, 2005

 
Blogger Jason Chua said...

I dunno, maybe it's loosely connected to Iraq... or maybe the Brits just find the accents annoying.

7:11 PM, October 04, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home