Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

wonderful glories of being Prime

Since I'm now seventeen, I took prime advantage of my newly aquired rights and donated blood yesterday. Quite frankly, it was a ton of fun.

In other news, I got my first acceptance letter today. It's to Calvin College, which none of you have ever heard of, but I quite possibly might go to. Actually, I think Adam told me he has a friend who goes there, so one of you might have heard of it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

Yay for giving blood and getting into college, all in one post!

3:43 PM, November 30, 2005

 
Blogger Jason Chua said...

Giving blood sounds like something we all should do more often. If only I wasn't so darn afraid of injections. The wikipedia entry http://www.tellurideassociation.org/pdf/TASPBR06.pdf
states that this is trypanophobia. Which got me looking at all the other phobias listed in that article. By far the most arresting is anatidaephobia - Fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you (it's from a Gary Larson cartoon published in The Far Side Gallery).

4:20 PM, November 30, 2005

 
Blogger Jason Chua said...

Hmm... what's that brochure link doing up there? Must have been a mix of inattentiveness and a temperamental shift-key.

Anyway, the wikipedia link is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/-phobia

4:24 PM, November 30, 2005

 
Blogger slaytonm said...

Congrats! I've actually heard of Calvin college.
I'm obviously not surprised you got in, because, you know, you're you, but I'm still impressed.

5:01 PM, November 30, 2005

 
Blogger Dylan said...

I have too, b/c they're a DIII XC powerhouse (but you probably knew that)

8:20 PM, November 30, 2005

 
Blogger Sam said...

Congratulations! For another TASPer acceptance! We're on a roll!

And the Far Side (as I mentioned at TASP, I believe) is one of the three greatest comic strips of my lifetime. The invention of a word like anatidaephobia just confirms the fact.

5:00 PM, December 01, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home