Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

typing with clay-ey fingers

Congratulations Rid!
I applied for CBTA, but didn't make cut. We might still see each other around campus though.

Definitely just got back from one of the most fun evenings of my life. My geology table, for our group project decided to present all the steps associated with the formation of the Grande Ronde valley IN CLAYMATION!! darn right!
So I just spent the last three hours of my life building grabens, basalt flows, and glacial lakes out of clay and playdoh. And trading bad jokes with college students. Ahh life is good. (do you know how many bad jokes can involve playdoh?)

anyway, I am getting mad swamped with music just now. Next week, over the course of five days, I will be performing in five different concerts with five different groups (youth orch, symphony orch, wind ens, jazz band, jazz combo). And, of those five concerts, I have major solos in three (symphony, jazz and combo). AAAAGH!!!
On the plus side, I can now play my viola concerto on both trumpet and french horn, as well as all my jazz charts on viola.

Its just about 10:00 here, which means for those of you on the east coast; Happy Single Awareness Day!
let us all revel in our romantic status--whatever it may be.

I'm applying to the National Youth Science Camp in west virginia. any of you heard of it, know anything about it or (dare I ask) applying to it?

Top 5 right now

1)Brass Machine--Maynard Ferguson (this one is pretty rare, a friend found it for me on a bootleg disc
2)another unnamed track of the same bootleg disc
3)Overture to De Hebrides--Mendellsohn
4)There's the rub--Gordon Goodwin
5)Freeker by the speaker--keller williams

here's a new one

Top 5 words that are fun to say

5)graben
4)discombobulated
3)flocculent
2)eulogistic
and a clear winner
1)schlep

miss you all

-bern

7 Comments:

Blogger Jason Chua said...

The funniest "real" English word I know is humuhumunukunukuapuaa. Apparently it's a kind of fish.

I got this from a friend who also, at one point, thought that "quack" was the ultimate word - the perfect sound.

He might have a point.

My condolences over CBTA, but bah, you'll still go to an amazing university that's bedazzled by your musical talent and overall awesomeness. Speaking of which... how many instruments do you in fact play?! It seems like every time the subject is raised, I find out that you're proficient in yet another one. It's very impressive.

Good luck with all the concerts.

5:51 PM, February 14, 2006

 
Blogger Meredith said...

Go off and be a musical badass!

Miss you, too, Bern!

6:37 PM, February 14, 2006

 
Blogger Charles Wu said...

Apparently Valentine's Day in the Hispanic world is el dia de amor y amistad: The day of love AND friendship. Personally, I like that better.

7:52 PM, February 14, 2006

 
Blogger Meredith said...

Apparently in Korea they have "Black Day" where people wear black and eat black food if they don't get anything for Valentine's Day. I heard it discussed during swim practice today.

9:45 PM, February 14, 2006

 
Blogger Henrik Herb said...

bern, are you going to cornell or something? Did i miss something?

10:20 PM, February 14, 2006

 
Blogger berno said...

theres a chance. (its either that or olaf)

12:06 AM, February 15, 2006

 
Blogger Emma said...

I can corraborate the Korean Black day story! My family has some really good Korean friends and the woman always pesters me about my love life, kindly, and whenever I don't have a date to a dance she tells me about black day. Speaking of dances, did you make a decision about prom yet, Ridley? I had to choose between Sigur Ros and Homecoming, and I chose homecoming, which should be very fun. Most of my school's dances are pretty mediocre, but homecoming and senior banquet are held at a museum downtown underneath this skeleton of a whale that hangs from the ceiling and with a carousel that we can ride. I'm pumped.

7:20 PM, February 15, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home