Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Monday, August 29, 2005

too tired for a title

Today was the first day of tennis season, and gawd, was it exhilirating! See, I've never been on a "proper" team in my life. My old school had no girls teams except for these one-month stints of badminton, throwball and kho-kho. (badminton not even a real team - just a tournament). I am so very exhausted as I'm typing this, but can now see Sophie's POV when she told Dylan that she runs to be exhausted. It's a wonderful feeling - my limbs are tingling, and my face is still slightly flushed. And then there's this feeling that you're somehow stronger because of all this.
I love it!
Ok, I have to get a few things out:
1. I have finally mastered the Mario theme on the piano. But sadly, my parents and sister don't do Nintendo, and are slightly flustered by my constant pounding of keys everyday. Hahahaha..
2. I have finished reading The Age of Innocence, and though it was tiring somewhere in the middle, if you consider that it's a thinly veiled representation of Wharton's own life, it gains new meaning. But you're free to disagree.
3. I am now mad crazy about Rockapella. Thnx Jason for that CD. It's awesome.
Favorite songs: Carmen Sandiego (of course), Blah Blah Blah, Wonderful World. Coolness reified.
4. I just wrote a reflection about something that Emma said to me when I was snippeting off her hair (not sure abt snippeting, but whatever): quoted: "There was no turning back after the first cut, Samyu!! (snicker)" EmMa, I luv luv luv you. This is one of my best meditations and I owe it all to you. More luv luv luv luv.
5. I lost the key to my mail box, (left it in the laundry room) and now my college mail is popping out of the slits. Ew. So today, I finally dug out a spare and checked the hollow and horrors of horrors! my mail is missing!!!

Keep tight down South, I'm quite anxious abt u guyz.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason Chua said...

Glad you like the Rockapella CD! I totally agree that Blah Blah Blah is great (how brilliant do you have to be to write a song whose whole chorus consists of "All you say is blah blah blah" and still make it wonderfully appealing?), but Carmen Sandiego has started to bore me... what a pity. And yes, the Rockapella version of Up On The Roof/What A Wonderful World is unsurpassably fantastic.

7:36 PM, August 29, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home