Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Continuing down the line...

Ok. Next up on Isaac's genially illegal leaked copies of exquisite music list:

Fiona Apple. Extraordinary Machine.

Wow. What can I say about this album?

In 2003 Apple apparently brought this before Sony executives who were unhappy with the album and so shelved it for the next two years. Extraordinary Machine was leaked to the internet in 2004 and has been circulating vigorously since then. Extraordinary Machine is Extraordinary! Go figure... Sony must be completely ignorant about music to have passed this up until now. The leaked version of the album was produced by Jon Brion, who interestingly enough assisted with production on Kanye West's new album, Late Registration. For the final album, both Mike Elizondo, who has worked with Dr. Dre, 50 Cent, and Eminem, and Brian Kehew, who has worked with such indie rock notables as Beck and Air, were brought in to co-produce. An eclectic assortment of musical influences to be sure. The final album will be released on October 4th, 2005. I cannot vouch for the full version, as I have not actually heard it, but I can tell you that the leaked Jon Brion version is phenomenal. Fiona Apple's vocals are surprising and stunning, the production is haunting and maniacal, pure mayhem. Check it out.

Take Care.

Isaac



P.S.

Bah!

Blackalicious is having their cd release show in San Francisco next Monday. Over 21 only of course. These kinds of things make me seriously contemplate getting a fake ID just to go see concerts... I'll be missing some great music in the next three years. Oh well, I'll have to find some way to con myself into places I'm not supposed to be. I reckon that's the nature of my life right there... a bear ravaging the townsfolk. I ramble. Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home