Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Friday, November 11, 2005

Veterans Day?

Hmm... no idea. But I do get next Friday off -- not sure what for.

I am soooo infatuated with the clarinet... There was this one point when I first got the instrument, and couldn't seem to coax a single measly squeak out of it, and started to think I was inherently clarinetally incompatible. Those were a few freaky days.

Thankfully, lessons started and now things are going great! By the way, congrats on getting places in the ensembles Henrik.

Ridley, the frequency of blog posts has decreased, but that's to be expected, what with life and all the hectic it entails. I'm sure that blog posts will pick up once December and April roll around, and we get some idea of where we'll be spending the next few years of our lives.

In that vein... Sam, or anyone else, are you applying to any universities in the UK? More specifically, Cambridge? Because I'm going to be visiting around the 6th of December for my interviews (the thought of which fills me with vague unease). It would be great if someone happened to be there at the same time, but in any case, I plan on using my handy pocket camera and taking lots of pictures of the place. Just hope I don't get lost in Heathrow and end up wandering the streets of London hailing random buses for trips to Cambridge.

Bern recommended this one group a few days back, called Eddie from Ohio, which are unusual in that the band is neither from Ohio, nor does it have anyone called Eddie. However, they do sing beautifully catchy songs with oft ridiculous lyrics, which is why I've been listening to them excessively these past few days.

Top five songs of the moment:

1. Old Dominion - Eddie from Ohio

2. The Three Fine Daughters of Farmer Brown - Eddie from Ohio

3. The Kids Aren't Alright - MIT Logarhythms

4. Black Balloon - MIT Logarhythms

5. Singing in the Rain - Jamie Cullum

Talk to you all sometime soon!

Till then,

Jason

2 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

I think the Logarhythms is just about the coolest name for an a cappella group ever. Although the Princeton Tigressions are probably a good second.

6:05 PM, November 11, 2005

 
Blogger Jason Chua said...

Yup, and the fact that they're from MIT makes the name fit even better.

While we're on this, I've always wondered what the Harvard Opportunes were trying to imply with their name... Opportune as in fitting/fortunate, or as in opportunistic?

6:23 PM, November 11, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home