Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Hello all,

Sorry that I haven't been blogging, life has been hectic as always. It's so convenient to be able to keep in touch with all your lives even if I need to withdraw from all social actovities for 3 weeks. As Dylan mentioned, however, I visited him in his cozy apartment in Cambridge. It made me wonder about the often spoke of but never carried through TASP reunion. I think this should happen sometime during Spring break, understanding how overwhelming everything can be for anyone of us at anytime. But it's just a mere suggestion, any better ideas should be thrown to the table.

Things in Midd have been clumping together, like a snowball rolling down a hill. I got so much to do these days, let alone "prep-school apps". I finally got a band going though, and man is it good to just jam. We're progressing really well as well; we're also fortunate enough to be playing with one of the best pianists in the state of his age group. But he ain't no Matt Slayton.

I just discovered this new band called Koop, an electronic jazz band from Sweden. It is just two guys who mix these ingenious jazz songs, one of the most excellent contemporary song writing I have heard in a while. Check out their songs "Baby" and "Waltz for Koop" (this one has a tricksy 6/8 rhythm and the singer's voice is phenomenal). Sam or Jason may have heard of these guys.

I finally finished that Be-Bop composition, and man it took a long time. I think I over did it, but the gratification is...gratifying. The scale used was one I found on the internet (sounds so, how shall I say it, authentic.........................psshh), which follows this: (I, IIb, IIIb, IV, Vb, VIb, VII). Interesting, huh? They call it the Be-Bop diminished, and the turnout is really abstract. I dig.

Anyways, gimme some feedback on that band, hope all goes well with everyone. Jason! Don't kill yourself, you had me worried for the first few sentences of your Blog. (Congrats by the way).

Henrik

5 Songs in addition to those of Koop

1. Alucard by Gentle Giant
2. Roulette by Umphrey's McGhee
3. Bloomdido by Charlie Parker
4. Trouble by Ray Lamontagne
4. My Doorbell by the White Stripes

4 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

He lives!

Does your band have a name? Henrik and the Herbs? Funkadelicosity?

What schools are you apping at?

2:45 PM, December 20, 2005

 
Blogger slaytonm said...

The band sounds awesome! Once you make some recordings make them mp3's so we can hear them.

5:47 PM, December 20, 2005

 
Blogger Henrik Herb said...

Our name is undecided, but it will be along the lines of all those names as you could probably guess. In terms of schools, I'm gonnabe applying to prep schools for a post-grad year. My top choices are the Cambridge School of Weston, Idyllwild Arts Academy, and Northfield Mount Hermon. Those are the reaches, I might throw in an Exeter or some other top-notch school, but who knows. There are a bunch of schools in Vermont as safteys, so I think I'll be set.

7:25 PM, December 20, 2005

 
Blogger Meredith said...

I've only ever been to NMH. It's a really beautiful campus.

Good luck with everything.

2:44 AM, December 21, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home