Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Distance does indeed make the heart grow fonder...

I think I win the award for the worst UM TASP 2005 blogger ever! It has been far too long since I've been on the blog, and I miss you guys so much. It's very exciting to read about what's going on in all your lives and consoling to know that I'm not the only one completely overwhelmed by the college application process.
Jason! I'm so frickin excited for you! You've finally crossed over to the dark side with the rest of us Red Bull fiends! Oh yea, and I guess Princeton's kind of big news, too. :) In all seriousness, I'm unbelievably happy for you. You truly deserve it. I hope that you'll audition for Katzenjammers; they're the most fabulous a cappella choir at P-ton, in my very humble opinion, and you'd be a great addition to the group!
Last night was the night of my school choral chompany's annual holiday performance. My show choir performed "Eye of the Tiger," "We're Not Gonna Take It" (yes, the obnoxious song by '80s hair-metal band, Twisted Sister), "I Feel the Earth Move," and a medley of Ray Charles songs that I absolutely adore. The show was fantastic, yet extremely sentimental. I'm having a hard time accepting the fact that this is my last year of show choir (I know I'm a big nerd.). I'm honestly going to miss all of the overly-expressive facials, glitter, stage makeup and hair tweezing. I'm sure Lisa would agree with me.
I've decided to audition in February for my school's first musical in ten years, "Once On This Island." It's a twist on the "Little Mermaid" story set in the French Antilles, and if I get a part, it will be my first musical EVER, so Bern, I might need some pointers.
Winter break in Auburn officially begins next Wednesday, but because I'm a senior ('06!!) with all A's (by sheer luck), I'm exempt from taking any midterms and don't have to go
to school Monday or Tuesday. That means look out for more posts!

Good luck to all who are hearing from colleges tomorrow! I'll be thinking of all of you!

Hasta Luego,
Emily J.

5 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

ahh, once on this island! Our rival forensics school did a bit from that for their multiple last year. Definately a good show! (But just to clarify, we did beat them at the state tournament...though their school's other multiple beat ours...Whatever!) good luck at auditions.

7:58 PM, December 14, 2005

 
Blogger Sam said...

No midterms . . . *green with envy*

4:06 PM, December 15, 2005

 
Blogger Sanjukta said...

"sheer luck"????
psht...

5:59 PM, December 15, 2005

 
Blogger Jason Chua said...

Good luck at auditions!

Hey, if this musical is anything like "The Little Mermaid" then there are, what, two female parts (Ariel and Ursula... Ursula being by far the more fun one)? Anyway, keep us all updated on how it goes.

5:06 AM, December 17, 2005

 
Blogger Emma said...

actually there are quite a few female roles, lots of gods and things, right?

11:18 AM, December 17, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home