Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Friday, December 16, 2005

I'll make this quick...

because I'm typing from a hospital that charges a heinously expensive 1 Euro per FIFTEEN MINUTES for internet access, and I've got a LOT of online stuff to wade through in my woefully inadequate thirty minutes of prepurchased time.

I had quite the scare two days ago, because after finding out about Princeton, I soon got persistent, localized headaches, nausea, and facial paralysis (on the right side). So I guess this is what it's like to be botoxed. Anyway, after many many tests, scans, various fluids being taken out of me and whisked off to labs around the city, it turns out that this is just a case of a facial nerve inflammation, cause by a rather benign virus. Cause? Probably stress. Couldn't have happened at a better time really, since I haven't been this stress free since summer. Anybody's school out for Christmas already? Mine is, too bad I'll probably be here for a few more days though.

But enough blabbering... I can't wait to find out about all you Yalies! It's... hmm... in approximately four hours, right? Gaaaaaaah... much much luck (not that any of you need it)!

And seriously, what is WRONG with MIT?

Congrats Mark, and yay for a renewed UMich TASP '05 online presence!

I'll read more closely sometime soon, but for now I have to go.

Till later,

Jason

6 Comments:

Blogger Dylan said...

get well Jason!

2:46 PM, December 16, 2005

 
Blogger slaytonm said...

I'm kind of disappointed Jason. You're in the hospital with a potentially cool looking disease and there are no pictures!

3:31 PM, December 16, 2005

 
Blogger Emma said...

my hand is on my chin for you Jason. Out on break already?! Punk-and-a-half....

3:48 PM, December 16, 2005

 
Blogger Jason Chua said...

Heh, I really should take some photos. For the last two nights I've been having this eye patch that seems to be made of plexiglass... it's sort of like Star Trek meets Pirates of the Caribbean, and I must say, does look very cool.

And I do have the most freaky lopsided smile at the moment. The only benefit I see from all this is that I'll be done with sooo much reading by the time I get out (almost completed "Middlesex" by Jeffrey Eugenides, thanks for the recommendation during TASP Dylan!), and that the right part of my face will be slightly more wrinkle-free than it was a few days ago.

5:22 AM, December 17, 2005

 
Blogger Sam said...

I contemplated trying to type an emoticon with a freaky lopsided smile, but I'm afraid it's beyond me. Get well soon - at least, if you WANT to re-enter the stressy stream of things soon. :)

7:47 AM, December 17, 2005

 
Blogger Sam said...

That would look like . . . *goes and tries it in Word* . . . a fanged person with a snake sticking out of the side of his/her mouth . . . sort of. Definitely freaky, although perhaps not in the same way as Jason.

12:38 PM, December 20, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home