Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

go tale it on the mowntehn

I just got back from our choir winter concert. it was only mildly hilarious.
Wait, let me try to describe this a little better. Imagine 60 kids and a director (all in formalwear) none of whom have any experience in jazz or gospel at all attempting to sing a swing version of "go tell it on the mountain". Between the accents on the wrong beats (which is a capitol offense in jazz), the vibrato (another capitol offense) and the gyrations (our director told us to "move to the music") I could barely sing I was trying so hard not to laugh. Oh and we were snapping along with it.

I just realized that the preceding paragraph does a pretty pathetic job of describing the situation. Ah, well. Guess you had to be there.

speaking of gyrating to the music--I was wasting some time the other day on the internet and I was amazed to find out how many websites there were dedicated to our wonderful inspiration Daler Mendhi. Not just mentions of him on music sites, but entire creations produced entirely for the promotion of the dancing genius himself. Check it out. just google "daler mendhi" and see what I mean. (and for the record, he is by far the most photogenic person on the face of the planet [sorry Lisa ;) ]

So I realized yesterday just how much of a target I have painted on my back as drum major. The band is doing secret santas right? so I slave away making cookies for my person and I get to school and find my present with a note on it saying "dear bern- this was a group effort" I open it and what do I find? a box of fricken tampons. dumb band kids.

On a completely different note, I got my grades from EOU today and I found out that I got an unexpected A in Geology. Big news because, with straight a's this term, my gpa is pulled up to a 3.85 which is the cutoff for like 90 percent of the scholarships in my area. ah, the joys of having a teacher who curves.

anyway I'm going to bed soon. still no answer from deep springs.

miss you all

-bern

2 Comments:

Blogger IsaacNoah said...

That was pretty weak on the part of those kids...Well, what do you expect from band folk? Now I remember why I quit band, oh wait, I never forgot...rampaging around Disneyland in a pirate costume while on tour only does so much. You're a much stronger man than I am. Don't let the bastards get you down. Grats on the grade.

Peace.

Isaac

9:13 AM, December 15, 2005

 
Blogger Jason Chua said...

Um... those band kiddies need some sense whacked into them.

5:08 AM, December 17, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home