Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

THIS POST HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH COLLEGE

Most callipygian TASPers:

I had indeed planned to post next with the news of crushing rejection, disappointing deferral, or mind-blowing acceptance. But alas, I shall not know until tomorrow night. I am going to go see King Kong at the Uptown, either as celebration or comfort, depending on how it goes. I am writing to show you a link that I find to be very true:

http://www.indietits.com/archive/2005_11_01_archive.html

Check out Wednesday, November 9. As some of you may remember, I have a passionate hate for one site on the internet, Wikipedia. You will notice that the comic is about this evil and sinister website. I feel that it perfectly sums up my attempts to make people understand why it is so evil. Also, it reminded me of Charles' koala jokes, which have had remarkable success in every telling.

I take back the title of the post, there is a little about college...
Oh, and in case you haven't heard, there was a Cornell scandal:
One of the undergrads at Cornell hacked the admissions office website and discovered that the decisions were already made, but the link was not activated yet. So, he posted the link to the decisions webiste on collegeconfidential.com (which is almost as evil as Wikipedia) and a bunch of kids found out about their status several days early. It was closed down quickly, but Cornell admitted that there really was a leak, and the news that the kids has gotten was true. I thought this was really amusing, though I can't quite pin down why. Maybe it's because of the slight, "STICK IT TO THE MAN!" flavor, and waiting on notice of EA has made me a little bitter/anxious.

Good night, and good luck.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sanjukta said...

A lot of people in Scarsdale found out through college confidential. It was really interesting.

However, in other SURprising news, EIGHT people from my school got into cornell.
One school.
Eight people early.

I'll frickin' sue them if they decide that edgemont's got enough spots and not give out any for the regulars.

3:19 PM, December 16, 2005

 
Blogger Emma said...

What? You hate Wikipedia?

Okay, that was seriously funny.

3:53 PM, December 16, 2005

 
Blogger Jason Chua said...

This is Cornell we're talking about.

You are a TASPer.

You are Samyu.

All will be fine.

5:18 AM, December 17, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home