Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

It's 9 PM, and jetlag is coming on . . .

Hey y'all,

Just checking in from Fremont, CA. Boy, you California TASPers sure get spoiled weatherwise. I studied for my math exam out on the front lawn yesterday (the mailman walked by - Mailman: "Is that calculus you're doing?" Me: "No, complex numbers." Mailman: "Oh . . ."). This is December, mind you. And the mere existence of a front lawn to sit on seems exotic, coming from the land where everyone lives in squinched-up-townhouses lining narrow streets.

I just came from watching Harry Potter (finally!); now I'll have to go back and read the 2-months-old discussion of its merits.

Visited Stanford yesterday - it's definitely number 1 on my list these days. I don't know why none of you East Coast TASPers are applying. Pictures will go up on the Photobucket soon.

I received In Pharaoh's Army as a Christmas gift and am currently relishing it (good call, Dylan!). Very easy to read, non-cliched, honest. Also, a bunch of the CDs I instructed my parents to buy during TASP were given to me officially as Christmas gifts, so I have been wallowing in a fresh little splash of aural TASP nostalgia, as may be clear from my top 5.

1. Cissy Strut - the Meters
2. Tippi-Toes - the Meters
3. Trick Bag - the Meters
4. Unchain my Heart - Ray Charles
5. Gimme Three Steps - Lynyrd Skynyrd

Groetjes,
Sam

1 Comments:

Blogger slaytonm said...

I'm applying to Stanford. I visited, and yes, CA has weather that just makes you want to dynamite the entire east coast.

(Except of course San Francisco which is colder than freaking Maine.) lol

7:37 PM, January 01, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home