Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Monday, December 12, 2005

TASPer historic moments

I heard from Georgetown about EA, and I didn't get in. This will probably be the only rejection letter any of us gets, so write it down on the TASPer historic moments calendar. I guess rejection isn't exactly the right word, I'll be considered for regular decision, but my holiday spirits are slightly dampened.

Ah well, life moves on. The title on the Economist that also came in the mail today was "Don't Despair!" I can't wait to hear about your fabulous acceptances! My school just did a blanket drive with a group called Children of Abraham, and I'm the person who had to organize things, so I'm glad to finally be finished with it. We just sent the blanketes off to be shipped to Pakistan to help victims of the October earthquake there, and today after school we finally drove them to the collection place. Phew!

My Christmas tree fell over yesterday! I can't believe it! We came down stairs this morning and it was all over the living room floor. Thankfully only one ornament broke though, and I think it won't happen again. Missing you all!
Emma

15 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

My sympathies with Georgetown. But despair is certainly not the order of the day - and the blanket drive sounds like a major success. Congratulations with that!

One night during the Christmas season, the four (I guess these days, six) of us kids get out sleeping bags and sleep under the Christmas tree. One year it fell over on my sister. Luckily we got her out before she suffocated in fresh evergreen needles and Christmas cheer.

4:57 PM, December 12, 2005

 
Blogger Jason Chua said...

Eh, Georgetown's loss.

5:32 PM, December 12, 2005

 
Blogger Meredith said...

Deferred? Bah humbug. I agree with Jason.

We have a tradition at Exeter that seniors post their rejection letters in the front hallways of their dorms. It's our way of saying, "Shit happens, and life goes on."

Good luck with the rest.

5:57 PM, December 12, 2005

 
Blogger Sanjukta said...

I agree with Jason as well.

You're too good for any college.

7:06 PM, December 12, 2005

 
Blogger Dylan said...

*Snaps for jsn. Georgetown doesn't deserve you.

7:48 PM, December 12, 2005

 
Blogger slaytonm said...

That's it Emma. You and me. We'll go down there and take 'em all out.


But seriously, you'll be laughing from the Secretary General's seat about what a waste Georgetown would have been.



Besides, if you think they're worth trying for, send another essay or recommendation or something. We'll do a group peer letter! With out combined writing talents (albiet low by SAT and ACT standards) we'll get you in.

10:39 PM, December 12, 2005

 
Blogger Meredith said...

A group peer letter? What an amazing idea!

10:58 PM, December 12, 2005

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm in. :)

11:19 PM, December 12, 2005

 
Blogger Charles Wu said...

Hah, we can all contribute one choice anecdote; I call the one about shaving your head!

11:59 PM, December 12, 2005

 
Blogger Jason Chua said...

In that case, I want to be the one to expound on your deadly precision in tapioca bubble shooting.

1:19 PM, December 13, 2005

 
Blogger Meredith said...

I shall discuss your righteous talent with the bassoon!

2:01 PM, December 13, 2005

 
Blogger Emma said...

Oh, thank you all! I think I'm going to keep trying. I'll work my ass off to get a's this semester for the midyear report and probably get another recommendation or two.
"I don't know what cockles are, but the cockles of my heart are warmed."

3:40 PM, December 13, 2005

 
Blogger Sam said...

My grandpa always used to say, "There's nothing worse than cold cockles."

4:06 PM, December 13, 2005

 
Blogger Emma said...

Oh, comfort comes in the form of mail. I just got a letter from Calvin (the place I got into) telling me that I got a whoppingly big scholarship, enough to let me go to college completely for free, and a nice little letter from Charles Wu.
Earnestly hoping you will all be accepted to MIT, Yale, and whatnot,
Emma

4:47 PM, December 13, 2005

 
Blogger EJ said...

Mucho Congrats on Calvin, Em-Dash!

Georgetown, shmorgetown...

5:44 PM, December 14, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home