Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Merry New Year.... and an update

Well, the nondenominational holiday season is now over, which is suppose means taking down the Christmas tree inside and the lights outside. Brrrrr...... Then again, destroying is much more fun than putting it up, not to mention ten times easier. Of course, the end of holidays (except Hannukah) is also a return to school and daily life.

Break was quite good to me, but it seemed really durn short. I got the special edition of BBC Pride and Prejudice for Christmas from my super-cool girlfriend (woohoo!), and the "Making Of" short was quite disconcerting. It's really weird to hear the actors talk in normal voices after being locked into their characters for so long. Mrs. Bennet talks in a soft voice, for goodness sake! I also got this little talking dictionary thingy, and I can't stop telling it to say "callipygian." Soooooo funny. Apparently, callipygious is also a correct form of the adjective. Go figure.

I've been volunteering at the St. Louis Science Center, which is this museum/playplace to promote scientific curiosity in children. What it means for me is that I get to sit in a glass booth cleaning fossils while little kids press their noses against the glass. Suprisingly, the unwashed masses aren't really noticeable when you've got your head down working. Even wonder what people in behind glass say to one another when you're looking at them? It has nothing to do with the work, and it's usually not very nice, either :-P

But perhaps most importantly of all, college apps are all in and filed. Now, I just don't know what I'm going to do with my time. I have no essays to fiddle with, and no homework yet. Oh well, what a pity. I think I'll go read a book.

-A thumb-twiddling Charles

1 Comments:

Blogger slaytonm said...

lol, "unwashed masses." could you be referring to jean shephard's "great unwashed" ?

Either way, the museum job sounds awesome, and I imagine the way you talk about people is the way we used to talk about customers when I was a cashier (I got fired/quit a while ago).
People are just... well... stupid. (Charles will agree, but anyone else may think I'm being harsh. Do something with the public, and you'll see, lol).

What to do now that we're done? I dunno. Look at Goldbach's prime number conjectures. How can we prove these!?

7:35 PM, January 01, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home