Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year Rant

Happy New Year to all!!

actually, I can't really say that yet. It's only 9:30 here right now. I'm havin doubts that I will make it till midnight though, so I'm writing you now. (I too am of the "sitting home society")

I saw Pride and Prejudice. actually, "saw" doesn't quite do it justice. since our theatre is a insult to the entertainment industry and doesn't bring a movie unless it is guaranteed to please the masses (I live in eastern oregon remember--hick central) I had convince my parents to drive me two hours up into Washington to find a theater that was showing it. (try and comprend that all you males out there; persuade your dad to drive two hours on snowy roads to see a chick flick) Anyway it was very good. particularly agree with whoever it was earlier who was discussing how much better Jane was in this one (Charles?) Took me a little while to get used to Kiera Knightley, but I thought she did a good job. Only two gripes; first, when lizzy told darcy of lydia's running away, he said something like "I'll see what I can do" Ahhhhgh!! Bad!! completely gave away the ending.
second gripe; WHAT WAS WITH THE SECOND PROPOSAL SCENE?
let me try to grasp this--lizzy cant sleep, so she goes wandering out in the pasture in the mist to a bridge over a little stream. pretty soon, surprise surprise, darcy--who can't sleep either--shows up. They are both soaking wet (what the hell? did they have to swim a river to get to this cow pasture) and darcy's shirt is undone (wooo, flash that chest). after professing his undying love for lizzy, darcy allows her to kiss his hand. as she does so, the camera switches positions so that the rising sun is glowing behind the lovers as they move in for a kiss.

On a more positive note I loved the scene with darcy and bingley outside the house where bingley was trying to work up the courage to propose to Jane and was rehearsing what he would say with darcy. It wasn't in the book, but it was so plausible and I could so easily sympathize with the man. It's great when inserted material actually makes sense.

well that's about all. I think I will go to bed.

top 5 right now

1. Blues in the night--Chicago
2. Backwoods Sideman--Buddy Rich band
3. Fly me to the moon--Frank Sinatra
4. Watermelon Island--Eldar Djangirov
5. Manteca--Maynard Ferguson

those of you who recognize any of these names will instantly decipher that I am going through a bit of a jazz phase right now.

miss you all

-bern

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home