Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Overdue news

OK, I should have passed this on a while ago, but I kept on forgetting. My family is moving to Africa this summer! My dad got a job doing court restructuring work with the UN Mission in Sudan. The post is in southern Sudan, which is not that safe for UN workers' families, so my mom and my siblings will live in a different city and my dad will come home for the weekends. They'll all be shipping out within the next 2 months. I will probably go straight back to the States to get a job or something, so don't look forward to any juicy eyewitness accounts of East Africa. But it's pretty cool anyway.


Two physics jokes I made up while studying today (scary, I know):

If you can go out on a date with any of the four fundamental forces, which should you choose?

- Gravitational force, because it's always attractive.

Why is it a bad idea to try to study while traveling along an equipotential line?

- Because no work is done.

Heh heh . . .

Groetjes,

Sam

13 Comments:

Blogger Jason Chua said...

What an interesting life your family leads, Sam.

As to your physics jokes... heh... plus, they remind me that exams start within a week! I really should be doing something more useful than commenting on the blog, but whatever, studying can wait.

By the way, has the blog been acting up for anybody else recently, with posts and comments that don't show up and some annoying timer/counter dings that's obscuring parts of Sam's post?

4:50 PM, April 24, 2006

 
Blogger Meredith said...

Sudan, holy cow!

That sounds like it could be a really amazing, slightly scary experience.

6:34 PM, April 24, 2006

 
Blogger slaytonm said...

Seriously, you and your family do crazy stuff, but it all sounds like a tremendous life experience.

Too bad you'll be buried in your periodic table while they're in Africa...
:)

8:32 PM, April 24, 2006

 
Blogger Sanjukta said...

Coolness! You should go and maybe help set them up! It'll be a good expereince.

8:57 PM, April 24, 2006

 
Blogger Emma said...

That sounds like an awsome summer. Your first joke reminds me of calculus pick-up jokes that we make up in my AP Calc class. I'd give an example of one, but I'd probably get it wrong since I haven't paid much attention the last couple of weeks. The class has been doing AP review, and--hate me if you wish, but I'm quite content--I'm not taking the AP test and therefore have very little stress about the fast approaching first week of May.

10:46 PM, April 24, 2006

 
Blogger Meredith said...

Was it at TASP that I was introduced to the integrating my natural log pickup line? Because it strikes me as kind of brilliant when I'm not paying attention in class, and feel like I should still kind of be thinking about math.

10:55 PM, April 24, 2006

 
Blogger Sam said...

I want to hear these calculus pickup lines.

5:50 AM, April 25, 2006

 
Blogger berno said...

as long as we have bad pickup lines, here's the worst I have heard to date. Believe it or not, it came from a freshman (where do they learn these things?) okay, here goes:

How do you like your eggs? Fertilized?

yeah I know. It's bad

10:04 PM, April 25, 2006

 
Blogger Emma said...

That's not a pickup line; that's vulgar. And maybe an only sort of clever jab at Runaway Bride.

10:40 PM, April 25, 2006

 
Blogger Meredith said...

Well, one of my friends jokingly scrawled on my paper (don't know how to convert it to typing):

integrate(2xdx,x,10,13)?

in class.

10:53 PM, April 25, 2006

 
Blogger Dylan said...

An invitation to 69, math style. That's pretty much the antithesis of classy.

11:34 PM, April 25, 2006

 
Blogger Sam said...

Um . . . yeah. I didn't want to hear pickup lines THAT bad.

6:11 AM, April 26, 2006

 
Blogger Jason Chua said...

I'm cracking up over here because of that eggs line.

Don't shoot.

6:42 AM, April 26, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home