Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

My Word

Here's my word of the day suggestion:

discombobulated : quite possibly the best way of describing someone as confused. It's synonymous with disconcerted.

I adore the dictionary.com example:

"The hecklers pelted the discombobulated speaker with any fruit that came to hand".

OK, so I might have added the fruit bit.

I fully intend to finish Emma today. Remember? That book I started on the very first day of TASP but never got beyond page 100 of? It seems that I'm the only one in my English class who's even remotely enjoying it. Oh, and for those who have read it, am I the only one who gets irrationally annoyed with Mr. Woodhouse (Emma's selfish, overprotective dad)? I know he's supposedly kindly and gentle, but still... grrr.

Jason

2 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

I re-skimmed Pride and Prejudice today to make myself a plot synopsis, because I realized I couldn't remember what order stuff happened in. I liked it so much this second time that I kept on smiling while I read it. Good stuff.

Sam

10:16 AM, August 20, 2005

 
Blogger Emma said...

Yay, Sam loves Jane Austen! Mr. Woodhouse is a pretentious bum, and Emma is really slow starting; I didn't get through it the first time I tried to read it. Hooray! I love Jane Austen!

10:54 AM, August 20, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home