Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Stress... and other stuff

Hey people!

School started today.

Chaos...

For those who don't know, my school is undergoing some massive changes, with new divisions (G10-12 is now "High School") with revamped admin positions, classes changed from a six-day cycle (most senseless, confusing system EVER) to a completely unfamiliar five-day timetable (which will take some getting used to), and my economics class now has 25 students, while my physics class has 5. But I get Friday afternoons off, and we got new chairs... so essentially everything's just dandy.

Immense stress though. Major, end-of-the-world-if-you-don't-do-well, assignments fly thick and fast, while application deadlines pop up out of NOWHERE (especially since I'm applying to universities in two countries).

Basically, I'm procrastinating madly and losing out on sleep. But that's normal.

In other news: I reflexively gave an arrestingly loud finger-snap after something my TOK teacher said, which made him forget his train of thought.

I finally got that Cornell Telluride Association Brochure/Application in the mail, and I'm confused. Do we need to show a preference for one of the houses, or can we apply to both? And where's the UMich House App?

And what's with people not being able to post on the blog? Apparently Bern can access the "create" page but can't actually enter anything into the "compose" field, which sucks. And I'm guessing Adam has the same problem? Anybody got ideas or solutions?

Later!
Jason

ps. I'm definitely liking the concept of the TASP bucky/soccer - ball.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sanjukta said...

I completely empathize with your frustration with the six-day cycle. I have it too, and you have no idea how many misdemeanors I have for not showing up in sweats for gym class that takes place on the odd days.

#Samyu

9:02 AM, August 19, 2005

 
Blogger Sanjukta said...

also, my camera is dead (batteries) and I can't load pic via memory chip/disk/whatever like charles. can we refer adam to that page in our photos? or are they downloadable and sendable?

9:05 AM, August 19, 2005

 
Blogger Sam said...

Application to Michigan Telluride House and application to Cornell Telluride House are completely separate. I found them on the TA website, but they're the ones from last year. Interestingly, the Cornell House application we got appears to be a special, secret, TASPers-only version, which is less strenuous than the mainstream one. Adam says it's part of Cornell's giant TASPer-recruitment machine. Michigan doesn't have a special TASPer recruitment program, so don't wait for a Michigan house application in the mail.

Sam

11:21 AM, August 19, 2005

 
Blogger Emma said...

Bleg, I'm spending Friday night alone at my house eating a pizza sub with disappointingly less pineapple than expected and writing my Georgetown addmissions essays while my parents eat out with some old friends and Hannah has dinner with her grandparents. And this is only the beginning of the stressy times. I think we're all in for a crazy next few months.

7:43 PM, August 19, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home