Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

running and humming

I've made a most wonderful discovery! That song from Bob Roberts that goes, "Some people will work. Some simply will not. But they'll complain and complain and complain and complain and complain!" is the perfect tempo for me to run to (pitifully slow, I know Dylan. Don't laugh but my long run this week was only three miles). Isn't this wonderful! And the lyrics are so joyously applicable to my workouts. O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

I'm also memorizing "Jabberwocky" if that wasn't previously obvious. Everyone should really read Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. Lewis Carroll may have been a slightly insane mathematician, but he writes wonderful children's books.

~Emma

3 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

Yeah, essentially Lewis Carroll is a badass. I memorized the poem for class, but memorizing the spellings for "Jabberwocky," is slightly out of my league.

3:33 PM, August 18, 2005

 
Blogger Meredith said...

Oh my gosh, my 6th grade class had to perform a musical arrangement of "Jabberywocky," too. And yes, it was ten times more fun. And yes, studies show that things are easier to learn when they're set to music.

6:13 PM, August 18, 2005

 
Blogger Emma said...

Ah, but the song version of the Lobster Quadrille kicks the Jabberwocky song in the tush! Very much fun. I only wish I knew the dance to go along with it; though it might help if I could find a life-sized lobster to be my partner.

And the spellings are impossible.

11:45 AM, August 19, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home