Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Friday, October 07, 2005

What Happened to Word of the Day?

Physiognomy:

  • The art of judging human character from facial features.
  • Divination based on facial features.
  • Facial features, especially when regarded as revealing character.

It's fun to phsyiognimyick when looking at the Photo Buckets, it's hard to stray from my truthful knowledge however. All time favorite picture: The one of Emma, Charles and I, where the expressions are Dismay, awe, and un unidentifiable Charles. Of course, that's usually how it goes with ol' Chuckie.

While deciding what I'm going to do next year, it's been final: I'm not going to college, not will I apply just yet. A 5th year of high school sounds like the plan, or maybe I can study abroad, or maybe I'll go to a musical conservatory. As you can see, I'm still undecided. I've been asking around for advice, and I thought the Blog was a good source. Any comments, suggestions, questions, concerns? Thanks

Henrikicking Henrik

3 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

I'd steer away from the musical conservatory--if you want to do something "interdisciplinary" I think liberal arts would be the way to go. Hmm, are you eighteen? Join the Peace Corps! I don't know...If I took off for a year, I'd probably go work for an NGO somewhere in Southeast Asia (or Louisianna). Good luck deciding!

9:28 AM, October 08, 2005

 
Blogger Jason Chua said...

Will you have completed all courses required for graduation? If so, then I don't know if this is what you're thinking of, but your plans sound like preparation for a gap year (time spent productively between high-school and college).

I don't know much about it, but try sites like http://www.gapyear.com/

Hope this helps.

Jason

6:31 PM, October 08, 2005

 
Blogger Emma said...

I wasn't really being serious about the peace corps idea, actually. I agree with Adam (oh! write that down! it probably won't happen againg for another 93.2 years!). I know a few people who've done it, and although it sounds horribly romantic, it's really not. I like the looks of that gap year thing. Although I can't tell if it's a volunteer organization or a have-an-adventure-in-an exotic-sub-tropic-country organization...

1:00 PM, October 09, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home