Here is the secret-not-so-secret online Nunnian shrine made by the loving 05 UMich TASPers. Enter our homology. We are Triumphant in Turquoise--and all other colors. WORRRRD.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Yet More Ways to Waste Time

I don't really like the following site. But I'll post it anyway!

www.urbandictionary.com

The place where pissed off individuals give their own inane definitions for anything from ABBA to zucchini. I only mention it because of the caustically truthful definition of College Confidential. I know a few of us TASPers visit that site, so listen up:

Among the worst websites on the internet. A place to go where you can read about snotty geniuses who feel the need to brag in the ultimate attempt to make the "average high school student" feel pity on the themselves. An absolutely awful website that privileges and celebrates the Ivy League-Potential student, while completely forgetting about everyone else.
Jonathan from New York: Hello, my name is Jonathan from New York. I was wondering if I could get into any college in the entire universe with these *shitty* grades and these terrible credentials. Will someone please help me!? Here goes: 5.0 GPA (on 4.0 scale); 1600 SATs; participated in every club in my high school; Started 12 new clubs/became Club President of each respective one; was Valedictorian of my class; participated in Community Service; Volunteered all over the place; Held jobs at 8 different workplaces; Wrote an amazing College Application essay; Teachers wrote excellent recommendations about me/sent those to the colleges; participated as Captain of every available high school sport team; played 4 different instruments/played in Jazz Band/Orchestra/Marching Band/Symphony Band/Choir... Oh yeah, and my high school is ranked #1 in the entire country.... WHAT ARE MY CHANCES PEOPLE!?!? HELP ME!! I'm just so worried, and I probably won't even get into the nearby Community College!! HEEEEEELLLPPPP!!!!

ME: You ignoramus!!!
Woohoo for blockquotes. The things I find when I'm bored...

Has anybody looked at the UMich Telluride House app, and simply wilted away? Five essays, one of which has to be at least 3 pages long, single spaced. My life at the moment does not contain enough time for all this, damnit! (I know that this is the old app, but how much could it change from one year to the next?) In happier news, I've finished the first drafts of my UMich (not Telluride) essays, so hooray for small victories.

And when we get our websites back, you guys will all have to check out the videos I intend on posting. So far, we have:

Emma's haircut, edited down by yours truly to a manageable 4:30min clip. Highlights include:

Emma's scream when she looks into the mirror
The convos:
Jason: "Any last words?"
Emma: "Hair's gross."
or
Ridley: "I went to the record store today and guess what I got? Marvin Gaye."
Matt: "The guy from the thing... with the MoTown... and the Gaye-ness? Wow."
Emma getting very possessive of her hair, before it's finally cut off.
Matt freaking out whenever the camera points at him.
Charles' 'barberian' pose

Meredith dancing to Rockapella while munching on a Poptart.

Emily going absolutely beserk with a couch-pillow and attacking Lisa, Dylan, and Emma - in that order.

Henrik and Nestor's late-night robot-dance session, which ends up with Nestor rolling into the TV.

Bern doing the Beaver Call

It's late, unconsciousness calls... see you guys later!
Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home